Engineering Manager, Backend (Financial Reporting)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineering Manager with a track record of leading and growing high performing engineering teams. You will partner closely with our Product and Accounting teams to design and build financial reporting and reconciliation systems, which enable us to operate and forecast with the highest degree of integrity and precision. These systems are responsible for delivering accurate and timely data from Affirm’s suite of financial products, for consumption by our Accounting, Treasury and Strategic Finance teams. In this role you will own metrics around the performance, efficacy, and coverage of the automations your team builds.
Affirm is growing fast and we want you to enable us to scale our products to 10x and beyond through building world-class systems which enable Affirm in its mission to provide honest financial products which improve lives.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Do
- Lead, mentor, and grow an engineering team responsible for back end processes which power critical reporting and decision making at the company.
- Mentor engineers on the team to help improve their designs, code quality, and testing.
- Own availability, reliability, and performance of your team’s systems.
- Partner with product managers to design and build best-in-class systems and processes to reconcile and report.
- Partner with a diverse set of engineering teams who build financial products and perform financial transactions at Affirm.
- Build relationships and engage with senior management in the Finance organization.
What We Look For
- 7+ years of proven experience as a software engineer role with leadership responsibilities and 1+ years as an engineering manager.
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Prior experience growing and managing a high performing engineering team.
- Fluency in back end development.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining consumer scale products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and GAAP accounting is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,791 - 32,233 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?