Staff Software Engineer, Backend (Machine Learning Platform)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're currently seeking a Staff Software Engineer to join the ML Data Platform team and contribute to our mission of democratizing machine learning data at Affirm.
As a member of our team, you'll create scalable business impact by making it easy for anyone at Affirm to use ML data for training and serving business-critical ML models. Our flagship product is a modern feature store built on stream processing technology. You’ll partner with ML engineers across Affirm to develop systems that will advance the use of machine learning in the financial services industry. If this excites you, we'd love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Lead the design and development of Affirm’s next generation ML feature store
- Design systems that enable ML engineers to effortlessly explore new features and deploy them to production
- Introduce innovative techniques, tools, and architectures that improve ML data access and transformation at scale
- Partner with ML engineers and infrastructure engineers to launch new data initiatives
- Serve as a trusted advisor on the architecture of ML data applications across Affirm
What We Look For
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Strong engineering background with proven experience in building data infrastructure and real-time, distributed systems
- Experience with the ML data stack: Kafka, Flink, Spark, Beam, Feast, Airflow, and Kubernetes
- Proficiency in Python, Scala, Java or similar
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively collaborate with partner teams
- Eagerness to learn new things and mentor others
- Keen interest in machine learning and consumer finance
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- Type of Employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?