Staff Software Engineer, Backend (Merchant Insights)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Join our Merchant Insights Engineering team in Poland and help shape the future of merchant optimization with Affirm! We are on a mission to empower our merchant partners, enabling them to achieve their unique business goals and maximize the value they receive from our platform. By collaborating closely with product managers, we develop innovative systems that provide unparalleled value to our merchant partners. As a Staff Engineer, you will play a crucial role in automating the optimization of merchant configurations, such as pricing, to deliver optimal value for both our merchants and Affirm. We believe in fostering mutually beneficial relationships where both parties succeed together.
Join us today and be part of a team that is revolutionizing the way merchants optimize their businesses with Affirm. Together, we'll unlock new opportunities and drive mutual success.
What You'll Do:
- Autonomously design, develop, and deliver technical roadmaps of larger projects, often involving cross-team dependencies. Deploy cutting-edge solutions that identify, optimize, and validate optimized configurations for our merchant partners.
- Create robust tools that empower merchants to analyze their portfolios, automate simulation processes, and monitor optimization experiments.
- Collaborate with Analysts, Data Scientists, and Product Engineers to build scalable products that optimize value for Affirm and our merchant partners, helping them achieve their business goals.
- Work closely with tech leads, managers, and cross-functional teams within Affirm, including engineering, credit, marketing, and analytics, to understand performance modeling strategies, business drivers, and drive requirements for new products.
- Provide expert guidance on the design and implementation of backend solutions across Affirm, serving as a trusted advisor. Raise the execution bar for the entire team.
What We Look For:
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer, demonstrating a strong foundation in the field.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and the ability to make architectural decisions that impact performance and maintainability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on asynchronous communication methods like tech specs, wikis, and project plans.
- Exceptional technical leadership abilities, including strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively convey critical information.
- Passion for collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Product, Design, Analytics, and Business teams.
- Experience in building data-driven solutions is highly desirable.
- Python/Kotlin development experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud providers is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,792 - 32,233 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?