Principal Software Engineer (Servicing)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
In this role, you are the accountable technical leader of Affirm’s Servicing Engineering Group. The Servicing group is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of Affirm’s customer service agent experience, and in this role the team is accountable for an extremely important component of the user experience for Affirm. Servicing is also responsible for Affirm’s self-service repayment and other self-service consumer journeys, as well as Affirm’s user portal, the most common day-to-day destination for our users. As part of this responsibility, Servicing is accountable for an extremely important component of Affirm’s unit profitability.
In this role, you are also a member of Affirm’s Architecture Group, and in that capacity, you report to the VP of Engineering for Architecture. You will own the architecture and technical roadmap, and delivery of innovative products for the Servicing Engineering Team, as well as contributing to the overall architecture of Affirm’s technology within the Architecture Group.
What You'll Do
- Drive the long-term vision and architecture of Affirm’s agent experience and Affirm’s self-service consumer experience.
- Champion innovative, scalable, and delightful solutions across the engineering organization
- Promote a strong culture of innovation, drive evaluation, development and roll out of new technologies/frameworks. Actively research, brainstorm, prototype, and present ideas.
- Establish architecture, technical design, and code review standards, coach team members to conduct effective design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards, create best practices, and lead by example.
- Provide technical guidance and influence in other areas of Engineering
- Lead technical teams to develop end-to-end solutions for complex problems, interfacing with multiple services and platforms, and multiple external organizations.
- Partner with Product Management, provide technical input to shape product direction and roadmap.
- Lead the organization by hiring, coaching, managing, and supporting a team of senior engineering leaders in technical contributor roles.
- Foster a culture of technical excellence, humility, constant improvement, and rigor to build a team that can confidently tackle complex challenges across multiple technical domains.
- Provide leadership in development of a technical architecture and strategy for a complex and quickly growing business and serve a broader engineering team.
What We Look For
- Strong experience leading engineering organizations, across multiple product lines, to deliver high quality software.
- Track record of successfully leading engineering teams at both rapidly scaling startups and complex larger technology companies.
- Expertise in synthesizing complex technical requirements, designs, trade-offs, and capabilities into clear decisions, and influence product direction.
- Ability to communicate decisions and practices to the engineering organization effectively.
- Extensive experience building and owning large-scale, highly available consumer product.
- Track record of successfully mentoring and developing technical leaders
- 15+ years software engineering experience.
- Experience with Fintech and Retail industries for both B2C and B2B (merchants/affiliates) is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce SalesCloud or ServiceCloud platform is a plus.
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $260,000 - $325,000
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $234,000 - $292,500#LI-Remote
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?