Senior Product Manager, Financial Data & Reporting
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company. We’re just getting started, and we’re looking for a strong product leader to take on this big challenge!
This product leader will be responsible for building the foundational technology systems to support Affirm’s accounting and financial reporting processes, and innovating on the central data systems that powers Affirm’s loans. Some key priorities include building out a robust data system to provide easy access to relevant, accurate, and complete data for financial reporting, forecasting, and auditing needs, and automating accounting and cash reconciliation close processes to reduce time to close from weeks to a few days and ultimately real-time. This will require collaboration across product, engineering, accounting, and other finance functions to streamline core financial operational processes including our month-end close process, internal reporting, regulatory reporting, ad-hoc data needs, and new product data/ reporting support.
The right person will have a deep technical background in complex data systems, strong execution capabilities in a heavily matrixed environment, and a history of building strong partnerships while delivering high impact business results, preferably in the finance, banking, or accounting spaces.
What You'll Do
- Define the long-term strategy for financial system data, product ecosystem, and automation.
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Participate in the Agile/Scrum process–be a partner to engineering leadership in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms. You will work closely with a team of engineers and business partners.
- Partner with Finance leadership (particularly accounting, strategic finance and financial systems), engineering, product managers, and other cross-functional business partners to develop and execute impactful product solutions.
- Collaborate with product peers across Affirm on ensuring our data systems and reporting can support new product launches.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to stakeholders and adjust frequently.
- Identify opportunities for operational improvements across the finance organization’s business applications and drive solution definition.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
What We Look For
- 4+ years crafting and delivering world-class platform products in a product management role with a focus on cross-functional and distributed teams, preferably at a financial institution in a reporting function
- Working knowledge of data warehousing ecosystems and familiarity with fundamental principles
- Experience with highly complex finance products (i.e. Financial analytics, Finance general ledger, Treasury, tax, accounts receivable, accounts payable & procurement functional domains) a plus
- Passion for solving data challenges, and enjoys getting into the weeds with stakeholders to understand their pain points at the ground level
- Strong proficiency in SQL and are comfortable navigating data sets
- Ability to synthesize both technical and business information and present implementation needs and options expertly
- Experience developing short, mid and long-term roadmaps to develop features based on business needs
- Proven solutions leader in at least one full lifecycle of ERP/Finance Systems implementation and/or major enterprise business applications
- Experience with Looker and Snowflake is preferred
- Experience with the following systems is a nice-to-have; ERP (NetSuite), Coupa, Anaplan, Salesforce, GSuite, Tableau
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science, Finance or equivalent experience
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $162,400 - $243,500
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $146,100 - $219,200
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?