Backbook Risk Analyst
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Backbook Risk team is responsible for Affirm’s backbook strategy, forecasting and performance monitoring globally. The team works cross-functionally with Credit Risk, Compliance, Machine Learning, Product, Engineering, Operations, Analytics, and Finance teams to define and ensure execution of the Backbook Risk strategy to assert adherence to the Risk Appetite.
This role requires extensive use of data analytics to derive insights and develop risk strategies, collaborating with cross-functional partners. Full stack analyst works with the Product teams to develop new products and features, with the Machine Learning and Engineering team to develop new forecasting models and risk management capabilities,, with the Operation team to execute risk and resolution strategies, with the Finance team to help facilitate discussions on portfolio performance and loss forecasting.
Come join us in our mission to change consumer finance through better data and technology, lower costs, and increased transparency while providing the best customer experience.
What You’ll Do
- Provide end-to-end analysis to support data-driven decisions and customer impact initiatives for backbook risk management and strategies
- Develop solution to track key portfolio metrics, monitor risk / macroeconomic trends and communicate findings to stakeholders
- In collaboration with the Machine Learning, Credit Risk, Analytics and Finance team, support backbook forecasting and performance attribution processes
- Support repayment and loan modification products with strategies iteration and experimentation analysis
- Solve interesting credit and user segmentation challenges with alternative data and advanced analytics
What We Look For
- Passion to redefine the lending and financial industry for the better
- 1-3 years of work experience in risk analytics within Fintech/Banking
- Proficient in SQL, experience with Python and data visualization tools
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitatively rigorous subject area like engineering, statistics, math, finance, economics, computer science desired
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a business!
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.