Senior Manager, Software Engineering (Developer Productivity)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
- Help define the vision, strategy and roadmap for modern, simple and friendly developer environments for developers at Affirm
- Provide leadership and oversight over 2 to 3 engineering teams in the US and Poland
- Partner with Product, ML, and Infrastructure engineering to understand the experiences and needs of their team's edit/test/debug cycle.
- Stay on top of industry trends for developer efficiency and cross-pollinate those ideas and processes with Affirm development processes.
- Cultivate an environment of technical excellence, humility, and continual improvement to form a team that can successfully take on complex challenges across multiple technical domains
- Expand the engineering organization by attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse and exceptional group of engineers and foster inclusivity and belonging
- Desire to engage with customers and follow the product development lifecycle
- Experience in crafting and improving product and engineering strategy
- Passion to make an outstanding experience through the products your teams build
- Proficiency in leading teams of developers to deliver on objectives and grow their skills
- Expertise in turning technical requirements, designs, trade-offs, and capabilities into clear decisions
- Well developed leadership skill to communicate decisions across multiple teams in a timely manner
- Track record of successfully growing leaders in management as well as individual contributor roles
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.