Software Engineer, Backend (Loan Originations & Reporting)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Who We Are
The Loan Origination and Reporting (LOR) team is responsible for originating loan products across the spectrum of bank partners and regions that Affirm operates in, and provides reports, data, and services used to gain insights on loans and loan consumers. We make reliable, scalable systems that can handle loan requests from our continually growing customer base. Our team's main users include the bank partners who originate our loans, and other engineering teams that use our data platform and services. In the future, we will be extending our reach to countries outside the U.S. and Canada, signing on new customers, new merchants, and new bank partners along the way.
What You’ll Do
- Design, code, and maintain services that enable the origination of hundreds of millions of dollars worth of loans and can scale to meet our growing demand
- Mentor junior teammates, review their code, and help them learn the skills and methodologies needed to become outstanding engineers
- Work with technical and non-technical business partners to discuss project plans and status
- Continually look for ways to improve both LOR systems and Affirm Engineering as a whole
What We Look For
- Passion for technology and solving problems with software
- Proficiency and experience in back-end development and distributed systems (our tech stack includes Python, Spark, Kubernetes, MySQL, and AWS)
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Prior experience with SOA and event-driven systems a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,842 - 20,725 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.