Staff Product Manager, Partnerships
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Our mission to deliver honest financial products that improve lives extends beyond borders. Consumers across the globe need safe, transparent financing. Our retail partners need Affirm to be there for them, wherever that might be. To help achieve this vision, we are expanding our product lines and becoming a global company.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Network Growth team at Affirm, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of consumer financial services, commerce, and payments. The Network Growth team is responsible for growing the adoption of the Affirm payments amongst merchants, consumers and partners. We do this by building API-based solutions that scale to the unique needs of our partners. You will work closely with cross-functional teams including Partnerships, Design, Engineering, Product Analytics, Finance and more to define and build end-to-end solutions that will help enable external partners to offer Affirm. You should be outcomes driven with a very high bias for action and are undaunted by multiple dependencies both internal and external.
What You'll Do
- Partnership Excellence: Collaborate externally with marquee partners to develop custom, scalable integrations that align with their unique needs while supporting Affirm's mission and objectives.
- Enterprise Expertise: Leverage your deep enterprise experience to navigate complex integrations and ensure seamless partnerships.
- API Development: Demonstrate a strong familiarity with developing external APIs and the ability to build within a partner's existing ecosystem, enhancing their overall experience.
- Autonomous Innovation: Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where ambiguity is a constant and exercise autonomy to drive product innovation and make strategic decisions.
- Decision Frameworks: Apply common decision-making frameworks to evaluate opportunities and risks, and draft Decision Memos to communicate and guide these decisions.
- Product Opportunity Identification: Identify new product opportunities and drive a comprehensive roadmap that’s informed by data analysis, qualitative research, and your own discovery.
- Senior Leader Interaction: Interact effectively with senior leaders both internally and externally, presenting insights and strategies that drive our company’s objectives.
What We Look For
- 5+ years of product management experience in the software tech industry
- Track record of experimenting and successfully launching products at scale
- Solid technical chops that allow you to have in depth technical discussions and opinions
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a diverse stakeholder audience
- Experience balancing time to market and rigor, striking the right balance between flexibility and consistency, and comfortable communicating priorities
- An obsession for getting the details right, but also knowing how to ship on time
- Comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Ability to identify product opportunities through data analysis, qualitative research, and field research
USA Pacific base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT): $162,400 - $243,500
USA Sapphire base pay range (all other U.S. states): $146,100 - $219,200
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.