Senior Software Engineer (Consumer Pricing)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s mission is to build honest financial products to improve user’s lives. We have started off by providing point-of-sale financing to our merchant’s customers, and have expanded our reach with consumers via the Affirm mobile app. We are continuously working on making our product available to more consumers, ensuring each interaction exceeds their expectations.
We're looking for a dynamic Senior Software Engineer to join our Consumer Pricing team. This role is critical to Affirm’s business, enabling a robust, scalable and timely loan origination process across the products and countries we operate in.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain services that store the pricing configuration data that provides the best payment options for our customers
- Plan, design, communicate and implement reliable, scalable and extensible software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams to define and deliver on our product and technical roadmaps
- Evangelize software development best practices
- Lead others with example to establish a collaborative work environment that fosters autonomy, transparency, high degree of craftsmanship and personal growth
- Facilitate technical discussions and plans to improve our software quality
What we look for
- Fluent in full stack development and distributed systems
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex software systems
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration
- Prior startup experience or financial systems (Bank, Treasury, Payments, Trading, Portfolio Management) experience is a plus
Pay Grade - CAN 30
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.