Senior Software Engineer (Partner Pricing)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to lead and drive initiatives within the Partner Pricing domain. In this role, you will develop tools and systems that enhance our partners' relationships with Affirm, collaborating with cross-functional teams to enable complex pricing constructs while ensuring the integrity of our systems. Our mission is to build the pricing abstractions, features, and workflows that power the value exchange between Affirm and its merchant partners.
What you’ll do
- Work across the org to plan and execute large, cross-functional initiatives, including: project definition, technical specification, task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Generate simple and elegant designs that are easily deployed while writing high-quality code.
- Review others’ work and provide constructive feedback in order to maintain high and consistent quality standards across teams.
- Lead and mentor engineers to help them succeed and grow. Provide the right context to engineers and train them to take ownership of their respective pieces of the initiative.
- Effectively incorporate needs and opinions from stakeholders, advocate for ideas and initiatives, and create a common understanding where all voices are heard.
What we look for
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer .
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching, and maintaining complex systems.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work efficiently both solo and as part of a team; willingness to learn new things and mentor others.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred, but not required.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to produce high quality system designs.
- Familiarity with Python and React is a plus.
Pay Grade - CAN 30
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.