Software Engineer I, Fullstack (Capital Risk)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join the Capital Risk team within the Capital Engineering organization. The Capital Risk team is responsible for building a platform for our business counterparts to forecast and monitor the risk of Affirm loan assets as well as providing liquidity to Affirm by facilitating the sale and collateralization of billions of dollars of Affirm loan assets.
What you’ll do
- Build intuitive and thoughtful user experiences to streamline the workflows of our business counterparts.
- Build batch processes and integrate data pipelines to automate workflows and optimize our capital efficiency.
- Develop a deep understanding and take ownership of the capital systems which power and fund Affirm.
- Collaborate with engineers and product managers to design, write, test, and ship code that scales our systems and processes.
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent training/fellowship/work experience.
- Someone who is proactive, organized, curious, and a self-starter.
- Interest and/or proficiency in full stack web development and batch processing.
- Prior experience in designing, building, launching, and maintaining products at scale.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
Pay Grade - CAN 28
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
CAN base pay range per year:
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.