Software Engineer II, Backend (Consumer Payments)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
As part of the Consumer Payments team at Affirm, you'll be working on Affirm's Payment Processing Network. These systems currently process billions of dollars in payments each year and are vital components in Affirm's platform.
We are looking for highly motivated software engineers who are passionate about building high throughput, high availability systems that can grow alongside a high growth business.
You will be working alongside multiple partner teams across Europe and the US to support feature development, international expansion as well as moving the dial on key financial metrics for the business.
- Partner with product managers and stakeholders across the business to improve and expand our payments platform
- Develop a deep understanding of payment networks and the payments industry
- Work with partners and colleagues across the USA and Europe
What we look for
- 2+ Years of experience as a software engineer
- Drive to change consumer financial services for the better
- Fluency in backend development with Python
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- Nice to have
- Knowledge of, or willingness to work with, Kotlin as well as Typescript
- Familiarity with payment processing principles and practices
- Familiarity with Open Banking standards
Pay Grade GBR29
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
GBR base pay range per year:
Location - Remote U.K.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.