Senior Software Engineer (Android Platform)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Android Platform team. We are dedicated to providing a modern, first class development experience for Android engineers across the company so they can ship new product features quickly and reliably. Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust.
What you’ll do
- Create tools and libraries that provide foundational functionality for the core Android app
- Proactively maintain and improve test, build, and release pipelines
- Collaborate with engineering, product, design, and data counterparts to execute on cross-functional initiatives
- Provide input on core app architectural decisions and drive implementation
- Follow developments in Android ecosystem and proactively raise improvement opportunities
- Promote a written-first culture that values documentation, tech specs, how-to’s, post-mortems, and RFC’s
- Communicate best practices and platform updates to product engineers
- Peer review code and provide constructive feedback
- Conduct technical interviews
- Ask for and provide help when needed
What we look for
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Dagger, RxJava, Compose, Espresso, Git
- Android build tooling like Gradle, Proguard or similar
- Experience with CI/CD tooling like Buildkite, Fastlane, Docker or similar. Bonus: Python, Ruby
- Passion for Android engineering and ecosystem
- Good communication, written, and collaboration skills
- Positive mindset, organized, and self-driven
Pay Grade - USA 30
Employees new to Affirm or promoted into a new role, typically begin in the min to mid range.
USA base pay range (CA, WA, NY, NJ, CT) per year:
USA base pay range (all other U.S. states) per year:
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of employment. Affirmers in proximal roles have the flexibility to work remotely, but will occasionally be required to work out of their assigned Affirm office. A limited number of roles remain office-based due to the nature of their job responsibilities.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
[For U.S. positions that could be performed in Los Angeles or San Francisco] Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, Affirm will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.