Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market. ACC is providing varied services under Community Support thereby providing world-class customer experience to our customers. Besides this, ACC is also building deep capabilities for different verticals like Homes, Finance Technology Group, Finance Shared Services, Analytics, etc.
The Difference You Will Make:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dedicated Claims Regional Operations Manager who will be able to lead our regional teams and drive performance in furtherance of our functional goals and priorities. The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for managing service performance, operations and strategy execution within a region, in line with the strategy developed by the Global Claims Service Manager, while driving continuous improvement towards service outcomes.
A Typical Day:
- Directly manage leads in their service tier while providing regular, actionable, and goal- oriented performance feedback to achieve desired claims service outcomes in the region. Note: this may require the report management of team leads based in ‘satellite’ offices.
- Clearly communicate direction and goals while providing regular coaching for performance and career growth.
- Provide leadership and guidance to teams that are responsible for complex tasks.
- Support and hold teams accountable for the effective handling of escalated and / or complex investigations required for urgent or sensitive claims issues.
- Represent Claims Operations for their region by speaking directly or in-person with user(s) who have experienced an urgent or high-value claim or other insurance related issue, in partnership with Trust Risk Management (TRM) and the Global Claims Strategy Team.
- Represent Claims Operations and act as a decision maker when a cross-functional working group is convened by TRM in response to an active claims case.
- Work with CS Workforce Management and Business Analytics teams to ensure capacity plans are designed to meet desired service outcomes across internal and partner teams and/or in consideration of local market/business needs.
- Communicate claims service performance across internal and partner teams to regional stakeholders, in partnership with CS Leadership, Service Managers, and/or Global engagement Managers for their region.
- Review, synthesize, and present findings from technical or complex data analysis related to functional claims or property security trends specific to region or market.
- In partnership with CS Shared Services and Claims Service Manager, manage delivery and execution of initiatives to drive continuous claims service improvement within their region.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Master’s degree or certifications in any of the following preferred fields is a plus: statistics, actuarial science, business administration, economics or finance related fields, operations management, insurance and risk management
- At least 10 years of experience in an operations-related role
- At least 4 years of experience in a claims or crisis-related role, with a minimum of 2 years in a senior level role managing team leads and front-line staff, with immediate experience in:
- Dispute resolution in an ecommerce, claims, or insurance related field
- Experience in the deployment of resources to manage real-time crisis situations
- Experience setting operational or functional targets or performance goals
- Experience leading cross-functional or cross-regional collaborative teams, with immediate experience in any of the following:
- Identifying and actioning performance trends for continuous improvement
- Interfacing with training, business process improvement, or quality assurance teams
- Experience working with policy, legal, public relations, or similar teams, with related experience in:
- Budgeting, accounting, and forecast analysis related to financial accruals, reserves, etc.
- Insurance risk management, claims management, or other dispute resolution experience
- Desired, certifications in any of the following or their local equivalents:
- Certified Insurance Service Representative (CISR)
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) designation
- Certified Risk Manager (CRM)
- Associate in Personal Insurance (API)
- Certified Professional Public Adjuster (CPPA)
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?