Partner Lead, Gifting
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Partner Lead for Gifting will work closely with the Director of Commercial Incubations and other Gifting Business Development leads to manage partner relationships for Airbnb’s 3rd party Gift Card program across EMEA. This hyper growth team is focused on defining our regional Gifting strategy, accelerating growth across physical and digital retailers and B2B incentive platforms, driving program efficiencies and profitability, as well as brand relevance during key gifting consumer and retail moments.
The Partner Lead will serve as our point of contact for the EMEA region with our Gift Card vendor, distributors, key retail, B2B and corporate bulk accounts. This candidate will develop a deep knowledge and understanding of assigned partners and become the go-to-source for all information relating to relevant market trends and market dynamics.
This role will set regional, country, channel and account level revenue targets, represent Airbnb in external meetings, and hold regular optimization calls and business reviews with partners. Additionally, this role will review, negotiate, approve or decline all new distribution opportunities presented in the region as well as manage and allocate Market Development Funds, and card production.
- Define the regional strategy in terms of positioning, market expansion and retailer distribution
- Set revenue targets for the region, by country, channel and account
- Establish relationships and hold regular strategy meetings and regional business reviews with key partners, including activators and key retail accounts, to drive growth
- Analyze data and utilize data-driven gift card insights to identify and action on strategic opportunities to drive regional growth
- Engage with strategic B2B partners to build long-term relationships beyond one-time bulk orders
- Support and work alongside the Airbnb corporate sales team to define regional strategy and drive growth across corporate bulk sales
- Manage card production and ensure we are optimizing our inventory
- Review and approve/decline all new retail and B2B opportunities presented
- Review and approve/decline all gift card marketing opportunities presented
- Manage our regional strategy and investments of Marketing Development Fund
- Attend industry events and create/maintain regional or country specific sales decks
- Develop deep knowledge of regional partners and become the go-to source for all information relating to relevant market trends and market dynamics
- Work across Airbnb internal teams, including country managers, regional marketing, etc., to ensure Gifting strategy aligns with Airbnb and regional priorities
- 10+ years experience working in business development and/or account management
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, while building extensible and scalable solutions (startup experience a plus)
- Proven track record of being able to effectively manage the day to day of existing partnerships, negotiating new business agreements and developing business relationships
- Data driven, can do attitude, strategic thinker and passion for new products and solutions
- Ability to be a thought partner who is able to translate data insights into tactical program management/execution
- Seasoned internal and external communicator with strong interpersonal skills
Belonging & Accommodations
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Something looks off?