Staff Technical Program Manager- Data Privacy
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
At Airbnb, we want to build a world where anyone can belong anywhere – and the first step in that direction is creating a community that’s open, inclusive, and built on trust. In a world where our digital presence and identity is as important as our physical presence, we believe that a fundamental part of earning this trust is by ensuring that we protect our users human right to Privacy on our platform. At Airbnb, we envision a future where our highly trusted privacy practices and world-class privacy user experience will be part of the reason users chose us over the competition.
The difference you will make:
As we work towards achieving that mission and vision, we’re looking to add a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Technical Program Manager (TPM) to the Data TPM team. As the Privacy TPM, you will champion all things Privacy, work closely with the Chief Privacy Officer and the Privacy team to lead high business impact privacy initiatives and define technical requirements for data privacy products and technologies at Airbnb.
A typical day:
- Drive execution on large horizontal/cross-company data privacy initiatives/programs to ensure compliance with internal and external privacy policies and regulatory requirements.
- Develop a portfolio view of the privacy initiatives impacting Tech at Airbnb.
- Drive adoption of privacy tech platforms to empower product/business teams to effectively ingest, store, process, transform, analyze, and curate personal data.
- Be responsible for identifying technical dependencies, and aligning with stakeholders on dependencies and associated risks, which could impact success of the programs.
- Develop metrics to measure the success of our tech platforms in relation to overall privacy goals and initiatives.
- Build relationships across various stakeholder groups across Airbnb and facilitate communication between cross-functional teams to ensure our tooling and processes are driving privacy improvements.
- Be the driver, evangelist, problem-solver, and leader who helps the Airbnb engineering and operations team gather and use personal data while maintaining strong privacy commitments towards our community.
- Dive deep into areas at risk, or in need of more hands-on program/technical project management to unblock and ensure successful outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results.
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment (Eng, PM, DS, Analytics, Design, Ops, Legal, Infra, etc.) where communication with and the ability to influence multiple groups and executive teams is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence diverse stakeholders at all levels.
- Multiple years of experience of driving technology changes or programs which cover both online and offline data systems operating at scale. If the experience is in privacy related areas, that is ideal.
- BA/BS degree, 9+ years technical project management experience or relevant experience.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?