Senior Market Manager
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Difference You Will Make:
As a Senior Market Manager, you will be responsible for the commercial success of a portfolio of hosts in your assigned territories in Germany. You will build Airbnb’s strong market presence in your given region by managing professional host accounts and supply acquisition of high-quality inventory and by collaborating with other teams as the local in-market expert. As someone who knows the Airbnb mission and values inside out, you will drive all phases of supply acquisition and market success, including acquisition strategy development, generating and converting supply leads, and strategic partner relationship management. You will help develop and iterate scalable localized supply management strategies for developed and highly competitive market destinations and relatively untapped markets, ultimately ensuring our long-term market success.
A Typical Day:
- Directly manage accounts to meet and exceed quarterly/annual sales goals
- Create and deploy scaled strategies to effectively manage & optimize both the largest hosts in your assigned region as well as hundreds of Professional Hosts in your region
- Develop and own the supply strategy for your assigned market - identify and execute new ways to grow the number of professional hosts on Airbnb
- Analyze data and utilize data-driven recommendations to identify and take action on strategic opportunities in your region to drive an increase in sales
- Prospect and onboard new, high-quality supply in your assigned geography
- Represent Airbnb in external meetings with Professional Hosts and at industry conferences in your market
- Educate clients on all significant product changes and cascade feedback on product and policy to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Hold regular optimization calls and business reviews with your partners
- Develop strong and long-lasting partnerships
- Develop deep knowledge of your assigned geographic markets and become the go-to source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics for internal and external partners
- Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your professional hosts in a timely and efficient manner, occasionally travelling to your market to provide in-person support and guidance
- Work cross-functionally with product, communications, public policy and customer support teams to ensure our long-term market success.
- Native German speaker/full professional fluency
- 8+ years of experience in new sales, account management and partner management
- Ideally, 2+ years of hospitality/travel industry experience
- Proactive self-starter with an ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Proven track record of being able to effectively work a leads pipeline and a book of business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients via phone, email, and in-person
- Proficient quantitative skills and proven ability to interpret and apply data throughout your day-to-day work
- Available to travel to assigned markets
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy - being an Airbnb host is a plus
- Proven experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives;
- Highly proficient in using CRM software, specifically in working with leads, opportunities and other core objects - Salesforce experience is a plus
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.