Product Lead, Aircover for Guests
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (guests and hosts) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
AirCover is the most comprehensive protection in travel. AirCover helps our host and guest communities host and travel with peace of mind with one-of-a-kind protection programs that are unmatched in the travel industry. AirCover provides top to bottom protection for listings and bookings through a suite of products - AirCover for Hosts, AirCover for Guests and Guest travel insurance. Our vision is to design and deliver unmatched products so everyone can host and travel with confidence. To realize this vision, we are looking for leaders who can help us strengthen our current offerings as well as conceive and deliver new products.
The Difference You Will Make:
This role will be part of the AirCover and Insurance operations product team and will focus specifically on AirCover for Guests. As a Product manager in the AirCover and Insurance operations team, you will partner closely with Product Marketing and Global operations product managers to define and deliver products that help us create connection and belonging around the world. In collaboration with the business stakeholders, product marketing and operational product managers, you will help shape the roadmap for these products, ensuring we’re able to protect and grow our community with best in class products that are easy to use. You will partner with a cross functional team of engineers, designers, data scientists, and field operations to build and scale our products and programs to existing and emerging business segments. Your work will be pivotal to shaping the future of hospitality and travel.
A Typical Day:
- Be a key representative for our community of Hosts and Guests, empathize with their needs and strive to create a sense of belonging for our partners within the Airbnb community.
- Establish the product vision and strategy for your product area.
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results.
- Develop product roadmaps and build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners and leadership team.
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Lead cross-functional groups to deliver on the team’s mission.
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- 15+ years of building platform products in a product management role
- Demonstrated track record of product leadership.
- Understand the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details.
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization and across Airbnb.
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Exceptional partner/relationship management skills
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?