Product Lead, Account Integrity and Financial Fraud
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
- The Trust team is responsible for defining our policies and standards, ensuring enforcement through communication, workflows and tools, and taking actions when users violate our policies and community standards.
- Our team consists of product managers, engineers, data scientists, designers and policy experts that work with stakeholders across the company to ensure we have the right policies, feedback loops, and enforcement frictions and tools.
The Difference You Will Make:
- Redefine and develop the product vision and strategy for the Account Integrity and Financial Fraud domain.
- Build product solutions that prevent financial fraud on the platform and ensure the integrity of user accounts.
- Scope includes detection and prevention of Bots and fake accounts, Account takeovers and fraudulent monetization on Airbnb platform.
- This role will proactively look for existing and emerging fraud trends in the industry and create innovative and effective defenses leveraging machine learning/AI and other state of the art solutions.
A Typical Day:
- Implement best in class product development and management practices across your teams.
- Develop short term plans to defend against day-to-day ongoing fraud attacks and create long term strategic roadmaps to position the team for long-term success.
- Communicate product strategy, performance against OKR’s, and roadmap progress to leadership.
- Lead team through triage, analysis and mitigation during ongoing fraud attacks or high priority incidents.
- Develop product roadmaps and build alignment across product teams, cross functional partners (Global Operations, Payments, FP&A, Community Support, etc.) and Leadership/Executive teams.
- Drive strong execution and effective delivery of strategic bets and domain roadmaps in collaboration with key partners including Engineering, Design, Data Sciences, and Operations.
- 12+ Years of experience as a product manager with extensive knowledge in the Fraud and Risk domain.
- 4+ years of direct leadership experience managing a high priority domain at a medium to large organization.
- A leader who has solved problems in Account Integrity and Financial Fraud related risk space at scale.
- Experience deploying ML and self-solvable verification solutions in large scale environments.
- A curious learner who is constantly building their knowledge of emerging and existing financial fraud trends in the industry as well as innovative technology solutions to combat such fraud trends.
- Is comfortable working across multiple time-scales (crisis mode to triage and mitigate fraud attacks in real time as well as strategic mode to think across 3-5 year horizon).
- A versatile leader with attention to detail who understands business strategies and connects those with product/technical solutions.
- Strong mentor and leader who can develop and mentor senior product managers reporting to them and help them deliver against their goals and KPIs
- A calm leader who can manage chaos during an ongoing fraud attack by communicating effectively with stakeholders through articulation of issue status, root cause and mitigation strategy.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?