Product Manager, China Outbound
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The vision of Airbnb's China outbound team is to offer exceptional travel experiences to China travelers seeking unique and authentic stays abroad. As a member of the team, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineers, designers, data scientists, and operation teams, to bring this vision to life. Your expertise and contribution will play a vital role in providing Chinese travelers with the unforgettable experiences they seek. We look forward to working with you to achieve our shared vision.
The Difference You Will Make:
We are seeking an experienced and driven Product Manager who is passionate about making an impact for China Airbnb users and business. You will focus on product areas including Booking and Community Support experience, to provide China travelers with a world-class experience. As a Product Manager at Airbnb, you will be responsible for driving the vision, strategy, and execution of key product initiatives. You will lead cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize new product initiatives that can delight our users and drive business growth.
A Typical Day:
- Understand user needs and identify market opportunities, to define and drive the product vision, strategy, and roadmap, aligning with company-wide goals and objectives.
- Look deep into the status quo for the real problems and causes, and propose product solutions to tackle the problems identified
- Lead a cross-functional group of Engineers, Designers and Data Scientists to ensure successful product delivery, and measure success against defined goals.
- Continuously monitor and analyze data and user feedback, and use those insights to generate the next innovation of product offerings.
- Communicate plans and status to senior management and key stakeholders. Communicate concisely in spoken or written form, and own outcome
- Build alignment across product teams and cross-functional partners (Financial, Operations, Trust, etc.)
- 8+ years of experience in product management, with a successful track record of delivering scalable products.
- Strong strategic thinking abilities, with demonstrated experience in product strategy and roadmap planning. Ability to identify and prioritize innovative solutions that align with business objectives.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and guide cross-functional teams to achieve shared goals. Experience in managing and coaching direct reports is a plus.
- Open-minded and adaptable to a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders. Able to navigate ambiguity and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use data and market insights to inform decision-making and continuously optimize product performance.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex product ideas and strategies to a range of stakeholders, including executives, working team, and end-users.
- Career experience in the travel industry/eCommerce/, building products for APAC regions, or working for start-ups is highly desirable.
- Fluent English and Mandarin in oral and written communication
This position is China - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Your recruiter will inform you what cities you are able to work from depending on your personal legal working identity and Airbnb internal policies.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?