Lead Advanced Analytics, Payments
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Community You Will Join:
We are looking for an Advanced Analytics lead to help Airbnb enable travel for our millions of guests and hosts on our platform. This role will sit under the Advanced Analytics family and support Product and Business leaders within our Payments organization.
The Difference You Will Make:
- Data thought partner to product and business leaders across marketplace teams through providing insights, recommendations, and enabling data informed decisions.
- Drive day to day product analytics and create scalable data tools
- Develop a deep understanding of how guests and hosts interact with our payments platform and how we can manage our risk while meeting our regulatory compliance requirements, through structured and unstructured data sources.
A Typical Day:
- Working closely with Product Managers and Business leads to design, execute and evaluate A/B tests. Understand common pitfalls and caveats of experimentations.
- Define how to best measure the performance of Airbnb product and business through new metrics and dimensions. Align with stakeholders, understand tradeoffs and guardrails, prototype metrics through custom data pipelines.
- Empower the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets and dashboards. Collaborate with Product Engineering to spec out logging and with Analytics Engineering to build data tools for mass consumptions within Airbnb.
- 8+ years in industry experience and a degree (Masters or PhD is a plus) in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research).
- Expert communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment. Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exposure to statistical methodologies like EDA, hypothesis testing, Significance Testing, Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, SVM, Ridge Regression, Lasso Regression, Random Forest, basic concepts of NLP, KNN, K-Means etc.
- Experience partnering with internal teams to drive action and providing expertise and direction on analytics, data science, experimental design, and measurement
- Experience in analysis of A|B experiments and statistical data analysis
- Experience designing and building metrics, from conception to building prototypes with data pipelines
- Strong knowledge in at least one programming language (Python or R) and in SQL
- Ability to drive data strategies, with a central source of truth to impact business decisions
- Knowledge and experience in payments processes, systems and tools - preferred
- Knowledge and experience in risk/compliance processes and data needs - preferred
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?