Staff Fullstack Engineer, Data Management
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
We are seeking a highly experienced UI Engineer to join our data infrastructure organization to design and develop user interfaces for our data-driven applications and tools that are visually appealing, easy to use, and responsive. You will work closely with cross-functional teams that are developing and implementing policies, standards, and processes to ensure the quality, accuracy, and security of our data assets. The interfaces you develop will be the critical entry point for the entire ecosystem of data management. Additionally, you will partner with a variety of stakeholders, including data engineers, infrastructure engineers, data scientists, product managers and other engineers to build user interfaces that enable our users to make data-driven decisions and greatly improve the overall accessibility to the data warehouse.
A Typical Day:
- Develop and implement frontend interfaces for data management which includes data governance policies and processes, data classification, data lineage, data quality, data privacy, and data retention.
- Work with data infrastructure engineers, data engineers, data scientists and product managers to develop and improve data management frameworks and tools, including a data inventory catalog, metadata management, and data access controls.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand user requirements and translate them into functional UI designs.
- Create and maintain reliable API endpoints.
- Implement and maintain complex backend systems using appropriate technologies such as Python, Node.js, Java, Spring Boot or Express.js.
- Optimize user interfaces for performance, scalability, maintainability and the overall user experience.
- Conduct user testing and gather feedback to improve UI designs.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest and emerging UI design trends and technologies.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in UI development.
- Experience working with databases or adjacent technologies such as SQL, NoSQL, GraphQL, RESTful API, ORM frameworks and caching technologies.
- Familiarity with data management tools and technologies, such as data catalog, metadata management, data access controls and other data-driven applications.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to learn quickly within a collaborative environment.
- Experience with user testing and gathering feedback.
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone.
- Strong design skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can employ in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?