Principal, Enterprise Risk
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Global Risk and Internal Audit is an independent audit and advisory function reporting to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. Our mission is to help Airbnb improve its operations by providing objective, insightful, and future-focused feedback through a systematic, disciplined approach towards evaluating the company’s risk management, control, compliance and governance processes.
The Difference You Will Make:
As our Principal, Enterprise Risk, you will partner with business teams to identify, assess, and report risks. You will continuously evaluate and improve our risk identification, assessment, and reporting processes, which includes monitoring emerging risks, developing metric dashboards, and utilizing data analytics. You will develop relationships throughout the company, especially with Risk Owners in the company’s San Francisco headquarters and global offices. Your role will serve as a key player in enhancing Airbnb’s risk processes in support of millions of Airbnb community members around the world.
A Typical Day:
- Support the development of the company’s existing enterprise risk process with an eye towards repeatability and sustainability.
- Build, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with stakeholders and serve as a trusted advisor that can collaborate to identify risks.
- Partner with business teams to stay up-to-date on new product pipelines and initiatives and provide guidance on risks and controls.
- Develop and implement tools and frameworks for risk identification, assessment, and reporting.
- Coordinate the annual enterprise risk assessment process, and subsequent collaboration with the company’s auditors for audit planning.
- Collaborate with the company’s risk owners to produce insightful, timely risk reporting.
- Coordinate with other risk and compliance oriented functions or committees to minimize duplication of effort and ensure efficient execution.
- Develop and deliver enterprise-wide training, including for purposes of audit and compliance planning for the Global Risk team.
- Engage with third party co-source/consultant resources as needed to ensure cohesive and collaborative execution, including the execution of risk projects, internal audits, and SOX compliance, where applicable.
- Support the company’s ability to mitigate risks and develop recommendations on how to integrate controls as part of daily operations.
- Work on other ad hoc projects, as required.
- B.A. or B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Business or related preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise risk, regulatory compliance, audit, finance, accounting, operations, or related experience.
- Must have prior experience in enterprise risk and applying quantitative measures and data analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel for this role: potentially, 10% to 20%.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at off-sites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.xcz
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?