Business Analytics Intern, Germany/UK
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The community you will join:
Airbnb is seeking a Business Analytics Intern to join the EMEA Geos teams within our Hosting organization for a 6-month (paid) internship. The role would support projects that impact the United Kingdom, Germany, Netherlands, and Switzerland in addition to 70 municipalities in Schleswig-Holstein, and further ones in North Rhine Westphalia and Baden-Württemberg, Hanover, Geneva, and Vienna.
Our Hosting organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb Community to support their success, earn their trust, and ensure their safety and security. Airbnb aspires to lead the travel industry with an entirely new form of community-powered travel, where creatively-led design is at the core of our offering. The Community team within Hosting exists to support Airbnb’s most precious asset, our global community of Hosts.
This internship is right for you if you love rolling up your sleeves to retrieve complex data, analyze it, make sense of it and provide valuable feedback to your stakeholders. It is right for you if you are entrepreneurial in spirit and like to tackle multiple problems to find solutions that the team can leverage to make our hosts’ and guests’ lives easier.
The difference you will make:
- Build dashboards to aggregate external and internal datasets and provide intelligence on trends, patterns and opportunities
- Support the business on the launch of new categories
- Help track adoption and performance metrics of new campaigns
- Support launching and managing programs
A typical day:
As an Airbnb intern, you’ll be integrated into a team where you’ll contribute to challenging projects. Your manager, team, and our incredible employee community will strive to be superhosts to you during the program.
We provide the support, mentorship, fun, and real world experience needed to accelerate your learning and make a real impact on our product, as Airbnb revolutionizes connection, belonging, and travel.
- You have graduated within the last 12 months or are completing your degree in a technical field: strong preference for Data Science, Statistics, Maths, Physics, Computer Science, Econometrics or similar
- You are fluent with SQL and similar programming languages
- You love working with data and be able to solve complex data issues
- Very proficient with Excel
- You are a critical thinker: you make sense of the data, validate it based on existing external reference points and recognize trends
- You are organized and efficient
- You are proactive and love innovating
- You are curious and like diving deep on your hunches
- You can prioritize your time to focus on the things that matter most
This position is hybrid. You must be living in the United Kingdom or Germany and have work authorization for working in your respective countries to be eligible.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
Something looks off?