Senior Market Manager, Mexico
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Difference You will Make:
As a Senior Market Manager, you will be responsible for the supply health and growth in Mexican Pacific by managing professional host accounts and supply acquisition of high-quality inventory. Focusing on these responsibilities, you will build Airbnb’s strong market presence in your assigned region by collaborating with other teams as the local in-market expert. As someone who knows the Airbnb mission and values inside out, you will drive all phases of supply acquisition and market success, including acquisition strategy development, generating and converting supply leads, and strategic partners relationship management as well as creating them from scratch. You will help develop and iterate scalable localized supply management strategies for both developed and highly competed market destinations and nascent and relatively untapped new markets ultimately ensuring our long-term market success.
A Typical Day:
- Build and manage partner relationships within assigned territory - Mexican Pacific
- Proven ability to handle operational complexity and ability to maximize the impact of resources
- Experience designing regional sales plans
- Build and manage partner relationships within assigned territory consisting of several hundred Professional Host accounts.
- Directly manage top-tier accounts to meet and exceed quarterly/annual sales goals
- Create and deploy scaled strategies to effectively manage & optimize the long tail of thousands of Professional Hosts in your region
- Support host community programs in your region
- Analyze data and utilize data-driven recommendations to identify and action on strategic opportunities in your region to increase sales
- Prospect and onboard new, high-quality supply in your assigned geography
- Maintain a baseline understanding of the technical integration of various software partners to provide the appropriate support to your clients
- Represent Airbnb in external meetings with Professional Hosts and at industry conferences in your market
- Educate clients on all significant product changes and cascade feedback on product and policy to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Hold regular optimization calls and business reviews with your partners
- Develop strong and long-lasting partnerships
- Develop deep knowledge of your assigned geographic markets and become the go-to source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics for internal and external partners
- Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your professional hosts & hotel partners in a timely and efficient manner, occasionally traveling to your market to provide in-person support and guidance
- Work cross-functionally with product, communications, public policy, and customer support teams to ensure our long-term market success.
- 9+ years of experience in new sales, account management, and partner support
- 2+ years of hospitality/travel industry experience is a plus
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proven track record of being able to effectively work a leads pipeline or book of business
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients via phone, email, and in-person
- Proficient quantitative skills and proven ability to interpret and apply data throughout your day-to-day work
- Highly proficient in using CRM software, specifically in working with leads, opportunities, and other core objects - Salesforce experience is a plus
- The ability to get things done with constantly changing priorities, projects, and deadlines
- Able to travel to assigned markets (when business travel resumes)
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy - being an Airbnb host is a plus
- Proven experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, with a proven track record to execute in ambiguous environments;
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives;
- Charismatic self-starter who is resourceful and self-sufficient
- Fluency in English and Spanish
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant will need to be based in Mexico City, Mexico to be able to conduct their work.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
Something looks off?