Senior Operations Manager, Scaled Operations
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The Scaled Operations team at Airbnb helps increase supply effectiveness, utilization, and impact using people-powered operations. The Vetting team is responsible for creating and curating structured data to be leveraged at scale across various products and programs throughout the entire company. We are an experienced group of creative and goal-driven individuals who are constantly looking for ways to improve, even in challenging situations such as tight deadlines, rapidly changing demands, and ambitious targets.
The Difference You Will Make:
As the Senior Operations Manager, you will partner closely with cross-functional stakeholders and global external partners to create, plan, and execute data labeling projects at scale. Utilizing your subject matter expertise you will develop and implement operational strategies and tactics to optimize data labeling processes to ensure efficiency and accuracy, and help improve Airbnb’s ability to create world-class data labeling operations.
A Typical Day:
- This role aids the Manager of Vetting Operations with data labeling initiatives, both emerging and scaled.
- Utilizing in depth industry knowledge and expertise: create, plan, and execute data labeling projects at scale, ensuring timely and accurate completion of tasks.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project requirements, timelines, and deliverables.
- Develop and implement operational strategies and tactics to optimize data labeling processes and ensure efficiency and accuracy.
- Monitor and analyze project performance metrics, identify areas for improvement, and implement corrective actions as needed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand business goals and incorporate feedback into data labeling projects.
- Drive discussions and present short and long-term strategies for data labeling operations.
- Identify and resolve complex problems and blockers that may arise during data labeling projects.
- Support leadership on key strategic projects and lead ad-hoc strategic projects for local and country teams.
- 5-8+ years experience managing large scale human powered tech-enabled projects, product management, and/or data labeling programs.
- Experience interfacing with Product and Engineering teams to define requirements and implement solutions.
- Strong understanding of data labeling and machine learning strategies, principles and best practices.
- Analytical thinking and ability to make decisions based on insights and analytics.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving organization that operates within a matrixed structure, embracing ambiguity and complexity while working towards common goals.
- Experience driving innovative efficiencies at scale to provide productivity uplift for global operations teams.
- Highly developed organizational and time-management skills to assess and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent analytical abilities; ability to dig into complex processes and data to help inform decisions. SQL and Excel experience required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience with machine learning algorithms, data management, or data quality control.
- 1+ years in working on Machine Learning concepts/tools – understanding of classification, labeling, training of data.
- Strong understanding of AI prompt engineering.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?