Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
This role is a part of the Community Support team. We are a fun, entrepreneurial team where you can have an outsized impact. Simplicity is at the core of our products. We pride ourselves on delivering the smoothest and most intuitive customer experience for our guests and hosts.
The Community Support Analytics, Business Analyst will support the business in delivering high-quality strategic and tactical analyses and reports for Community Support. As a focused, hard-working and meticulous analyst, you will leverage your functional expertise in data analysis as well as industry knowledge to provide key insights and findings to improve how we serve our customers. The analyst will be working closely with counterparts in Operations, Product, Engineering, Finance to help inform the Community Support data needs.
A Typical Day:
- Leverage Airbnb’s proprietary data to build knowledge of Community Support to identify & develop insights that address key operational issues, including root causes, trends & actionable insights.
- Analyze complex business problems, translate them into analytical problem statements, and identify appropriate frameworks to derive actionable insights. Craft compelling narratives to effectively communicate findings and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Plan and execute A/B experiments, utilizing statistical analysis to derive conclusive results. Develop monitoring dashboards to track key performance indicators (KPIs) related to experimentation.
- Develop automated dashboards to streamline and simplify ad hoc tasks, enhancing operational efficiency.
- Ensure effective communication by providing timely project updates to stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a willingness to openly share key ideas and learnings in diverse forums to foster knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- 3+ years experience in an analyst role requiring data interrogation, analysis & storytelling.
- Ability to handle complex datasets and conduct analysis to preemptively identify issues & surface actionable insights & recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Expert level proficiency in SQL (Superset or PrestoDB)
- Ability to create compelling data visualizations and comfortable working in BI tools such as Tableau/Superset
- Demonstrated experience in handling large datasets and conduct data analysis using Python
- Knowledge of Statistics and Basic ML
- Advanced Excel proficiency including but not limited to pivot tables, macros, charts
- Ability to independently manage project work & prioritize projects effectively.
- Previous experience in Operational analytics would be beneficial*
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.