Manager, Content and Knowledge Management Product Operations
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb is a global community based on connection and belonging. The Community Support team supports this mission with a vision to ‘build the world’s most loyal travel community through exceptional service'.
Community Support Platform (CSP)
Customer Vision: Success is about delivering exceptional customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey.
Business Vision: We believe that community support will be a significant differentiator and driver of Airbnb’s global success and growth. We deliver exceptional customer service at scale by building platform capabilities that power the community’s experience.
The Difference You Will Make:
We’re looking for a Manager, Content and Knowledge Management Product Operations to join our Content and Knowledge Management team. We are a part of the Community Support Platform organization and we are looking for an experienced manager with deep subject matter expertise in applying content and knowledge management strategy and operations to transform digital support experiences, utilizing AI tools to streamline the content production process while optimizing our knowledge bases for top performance leveraging large language models.
You have a passion for delighting customers through the entire support journey, including digital channels, automated product support and 1:1 customer support interactions. You are continuously focused on improving the end-user experience through great quality content that is easy to consume, focusing on our frontline agents and external community.
You are the right fit to push the limits of the digital service space by establishing thriving, agile content operations from the ground up our content strategy and operating models for Visual Content, Multimedia, Rich Media, Social Media, dynamic and guided content, etc.
You are experienced in managing content writers and knowledge/technical writers, with a passion for developing talent and enabling them. You are focused on quality and can demonstrate ample experience driving the correct message in line with a brand’s voice and tone, working cross-functionally with other teams like Marketing, Service and Experience Design, Product, UX Writing, Comms, Localization, Legal, Product and Program Management.
You can articulate the key role knowledge plays on the success of support teams, and structure and enable the team to ensure that human and virtual agents have access to the applicable knowledge information.
You are comfortable with ambiguity and can thrive in a fast-paced environment. You are an expert in content and knowledge development and set-up your team’s processes and mechanisms so the operation can respond rapidly and effectively to changing priorities, contributing to clear customer and business outcomes.
A Typical Day:
- Lead a team including writers and knowledge editors, fostering a culture of creativity, belonging, collaboration, and innovation
- Work cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Marcomms, Legal, Localization, Host Comms, Creative and UX Writing to orchestrate impeccable content for company wide releases
- Partner effectively with experts in LLM tuning, information retrieval, and model development to create innovative products and features
- Leverage AI to create and deliver resonant content
- Implement AI programs that improve how the team works and what value our customers get
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure content is aligned with business goals, brand voice, and user needs
- Partner with Community Support leadership and XFN partners to evolve Knowledge strategy
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams for best in class content delivery solutions
- Define and develop standards for digital content that inform its operationalization
- Drive voice and tone standards documentation, partnering cross-functionally with the broader writing community
- Establish processes and mechanisms for planning, creation, delivery, and governance of high quality content
- Contribute to content and knowledge governance and lifecycle management activities, including backlog, utilization and resource allocation of writing resources
- 10+ years experience in content and knowledge management or related fields
- 4+ years of experience leading a team of content authors and/or technical writers, with a track record of success providing coaching, feedback, and professional development opportunities to team members to help them achieve their career goals
- Proven understanding of emerging digital trends and being a thought leader promoting innovation in the space
- Experience with AI solutions and tools
- Experience working in matrix global organizations
- Extensive familiarity with different content management systems (like ContentStack, Confluence) and operational and project management systems
- (like jira and asana)
- Familiarity with Taxonomy and Information Architecture
- Experience working with a customer service team and/or operations team is highly desirable
- Agile training/certification/experience, including scrum, kanban, nimble, is a big plus
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.