Programs and Business Operations Lead DACH CEE & CIS
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
For our office in Berlin, Germany, Airbnb is seeking a Programs and Business Operations Lead for the DACH, CEE & CIS territory, reporting to the Country Manager DACH, CEE & CIS.
In this role you will work on business programs in the DACH CEE CIS territory and on selected EMEA and global programs to deliver growth for Airbnb.
This role is right for you if:
- You are an intrinsically motivated leader and think beyond your role and assume responsibilities beyond your core team.
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit, you remain persistent and optimistic when faced with setbacks and you love to tackle complex problems to find solutions that make our hosts’ and guests’ lives easier.
- You are very comfortable with data analysis
- You are an excellent communicator across all functions and management levels and you naturally take the lead on aligning stakeholders when viewpoints diverge.
- You embrace diversity and adapt your ways of working accordingly and fully identify with Airbnb’s mission, product and core values.
The Difference You will Make:
- Develop local market strategies, enable respective functions to execute, run business projects, and evaluate business performance
- Animate the local cross-functional leaders team and drive the OKR program
- Ideate and develop pilot projects with the potential to scale globally.
- Adapt global business programs to territory specifics and lead the rollout, e.g. the Airbnb Heritage or Sustainability program.
- Collaborate with your EMEA peers and cross-functional leaders to drive EMEA goals and projects.
A Typical Day:
Deliver actionable business analysis
- Enable functional leads to provide consistent information to their teams and stakeholders
- Work with FP&A and Data Science to assess business performance and deep dive into areas of strength and weakness
- Lead the territory’s OKR program, identify the roadblocks and collaborate with OKR owners on performance improvements.
- Create materials to communicate strategy and business performance to key stakeholders
Lead with operational rigor and discipline
- Conduct deep dives into operational or functional topics as needed
- Act as POC on headcount planning and other big bet resourcing/investment proposals
- Ensure cross-functional cohesion between product and operating teams
- Drive weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual business operation meetings
- Work with functional leads to set strategy and execute operations
Incubate and drive special projects
- Run analyses on new markets and partnerships for ROI/efficiency
- Conduct deep-dives into supply acquisition and retention
- Design, implement and drive strategic pilots and business programs
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with strong analytical and business background as well as an understanding of strategic partnerships and/or marketing and operational experience
- Experience working in consumer tech and/or at top tier private equity/investment banking/consulting firm, in a capacity where you had to work cross-functionally and across diverse teams to influence change
- A strong written and verbal communicator
- Familiar with data analysis and SQL
- Native-level German, fluent in English