Senior Market Manager, Mexico (CRM and Engagement)
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Difference You Will Make:
As a Senior Market Manager - CRM and Engagement [Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean], you will be responsible for the supply health and growth in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean by managing and acquiring high quality inventory at scale. Focusing on these responsibilities, you will build Airbnb’s strong market presence in your assigned region by collaborating with other teams as the local in-market expert for our longtail comprising tens of thousands of hosts. As someone who knows the Airbnb business, nuances, mission and values inside out, you will develop and iterate scalable localized supply management strategies (acquisition and optimization) for both highly developed destinations as well as nascent and relatively untapped new markets ultimately ensuring our long-term market success.
A Typical Day:
- Create and deploy scaled strategies to effectively manage & optimize tens of thousands of Host accounts in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean through scaled communication - owning the local mass host outreach strategy and execution with the objective of:
- Helping Hosts improve their listing/offering to match demand, growing their business results
- Improving Host sentiment by supporting hosts and addressing their issues at scale
- Educating our host community on Product, Policies and Trends
- Coordinate with the central engagement team (that manages global host communications) to have a unified comms calendar for hosts in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean with an aligned strategy, tone and voice
- Proven ability to handle operational complexity and ability to maximize the impact of limited resources
- Support host community programs in your region
- Analyze data and utilize data-driven recommendations to identify and action on strategic opportunities in your region to drive increase in sales
- Maintain a baseline understanding of the technical integration of various software partners so that you can provide the right support to your clients
- Represent Airbnb in external meetings and at industry conferences
- Educate clients on all significant product changes and cascade feedback on product and policy to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Develop deep knowledge of your assigned geographic markets and become the go-to source for all information relating to local trends and market dynamics for internal and external partners
- Work cross-functionally with product, communications, public policy and customer support teams to ensure our long-term market success.
- 8+ years of CRM experience in a consumer-facing, fast-paced e-commerce company
- Solid track record of successfully managing and executing large-scale, complex, high volume B2C email campaigns and cross-functional projects. Experience with top-tier ESP a plus
- Proven experience working cross-functionally
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. Bias towards efficiency - doing more with less
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients at scale via email, online events, in product (banner, action cards), sms and push
- Proficient quantitative skills and proven ability to interpret and apply data throughout your day-to-day work
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit, thriving in ambiguity.
- The ability to get things done with constantly changing priorities, projects and deadlines
- Passion for Airbnb, travel, and the sharing economy - being an Airbnb host is a plus
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, with a proven track record to execute in ambiguous environments
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Charismatic self-starter who is resourceful and self-sufficient
- Fluency in English and Spanish is a requirement
Due to the nature of this position, the successful applicant will need to be based in Mexico City, Mexico to be able to conduct their work.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.