Product Manager - Support Agent Experience
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
- 4+ years in a product management role launching new payment methods or partner integrations within the greater payments ecosystem consisting of payment gateways, PSPs, payment networks, merchant service providers, issuers, and acquirers
- Experience launching incentive-based features. Specifically, getting customers to adopt lower-cost alternative payment through new payment method awareness and incentivization features.
- Experience launching local payment methods, including ACH/SEPA, real-time payments, and digital wallets
- Platform product management experience, building non-UX facing products that can be leveraged by a variety of business customers
- Ability to work directly with engineers to develop use cases, build inspiring narratives, prioritize features, and evaluate short-term vs. long-term trade-offs
- Ability to lead by influence across a diverse team of engineers, data scientists, finance, compliance, legal, and business experts
- Ability to clearly articulate the story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details when necessary
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Thrive in a startup culture: dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources
- Familiarity with PCI-level compliance, secure token vaulting, and network tokenization (e.g. MDES, VTS) a plus
- Global perspective - experience with global, alternative payment methods outside of credit cards, including digital wallets, SEPA, ACH, and prepaid cards
- Technical chops - experience as an engineer, data scientist, or payment operations specialist
- Knowledge and experience using collaborative tools of the trade (e.g. JIRA, SQL, Asana, Google Docs, Scrum, Agile) as well as design/mockup tools (e.g. Figma, Invision)