Safety Supervisor, South Korea
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Difference You Will Make:
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Community Support: Safety team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and it’s why we’ve worked so hard to build the trust at its foundation.
With 100 million lifetime guests, and 2 million listings in over 190 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we are passionate about working to create the most trusted community in the world. We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated Safety investigators who will be able to help our hosts and guests when they need us the most.
A Typical Day:
Building and Nurturing Engaged Teams
- Own and manage end-to-end people strategy and operations within the team. This includes driving onboarding, talent development and people engagement.
- Ensure employee happiness by working with the team to create strong connections and utilize effective communication to help translate the Mission of Airbnb into meaningful and clear goals.
- Support your team in handling urgent, escalated personal safety cases (e.g., domestic violence, sexual assault, suicide, surveillance devices), prioritizing wellness and sustainability.
- Lead with empathy to establish approachability in order to care about, support, and challenge the team to meet and exceed expectations.
- Enable professional and personal growth through supporting and challenging your team with feedback, one-on-ones, enabling opportunities, expectation-setting, and other growth tools at your disposal.
- Keep up with day-to-day management duties such as scheduling, shift approvals, team and one-on-one meetings, and managing basic HR-related issues (pay/benefits/HR policy enforcement, etc.).
- Manage both team and individual performance and resources to ensure compliance with policies and SLAs.
- Ensure individual team members are held accountable to their performance goals in a fair and equitable manner by setting clear expectations, following-up individually, and coaching team members positively to develop and improve their skills in a tailored way.
- Think critically and constantly evaluate policies and procedures. Work with the team to identify opportunities to improve performance and better optimize processes for the team, region, and global community.
- Lead the team towards the execution of the company and strategic goals following the guidance of the Operations Manager, and collaborate with the OM to develop recommendations for service improvements and regional prioritisation.
- Manage the team execution of complex, sensitive, and/or urgent issues that might pose a significant risk to our brand or community. Work with your regional leadership to influence stakeholders and the Safety Service Manager to mitigate risks.
- Serve as Point of Contact for urgent or other sensitive cases within your region, spending time each week working on tickets and other escalated issues to refine subject matter expertise.
- Work closely with fellow global and regional Team Leads in addition to maintaining a strong connection to your cross-functional partners.
- Effectively prioritize the team’s work based on seasonality and the needs of the customers and the business.
- Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- At least 1-3 years of experience leading, inspiring and motivating teams to meet operational goals and targets
- Experience in any of the following fields is a plus: Psychology, Social Work, Public Policy, Criminal Justice, Mediation, Vendor Management or related
- Strong understanding of evidence based best practice when it comes to personal safety
- Experience managing complex, escalated cases with elevated media or legal risk
- Strong metrics-based performance management skills
- Project management experience
- Ability to work and solve problems independently, collaboratively, or through delegation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Ability to understand and execute policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain confidentiality during investigations