Platform Product Manager, Trust & Safety
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a committed team unified by Airbnb core values to achieve this mission on connection and belonging. Airbnb Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. They champion metrics driven vision and strategies, partner with cross-functional team members (engineering, design, data science, operations etc.) to create a shared roadmap, be incredibly hands on to execute, and deliver a balanced outcome to all five of Airbnb’s stakeholders (Guests, Hosts, Communities, Shareholders, and Employees).
About Trust & Safety Team
Our hosts are opening their homes or providing experiences to guests from around the world. We’re creating new relationships & placing people in vulnerable situations. Therefore trust is the fundamental currency of Airbnb. We are the Trust & Safety team, composed of engineers, data scientists, designers, product managers, and operations, responsible for earning this trust by building for safety at each moment of the guest and host journey. We build cutting edge machine learning models to detect risk, defenses to deter risky actors, and operations tools that enable investigators worldwide. We define community standards and policies, set high expectations, and keep bad actors out while providing delightful experiences for good users.
About The Role
As a Product Manager in the Trust & Safety team, you will identify customer pain points, business opportunities, and define/deliver the products that help us create a safe and trusted community around the world. Your work will be pivotal to shaping the future of hospitality and travel. Trust & Safety is a very broad field, and you will have the opportunity to deliver impact on cross-functional company-wide initiatives.
- Focus areas: Safety (to reduce parties, property damage, illegal activities etc) & Background Verification
- Creating vision and strategy for Trust & Safety products and platforms.
- Leading a cross-functional working group of engineers, data scientists, designers, operations experts, and policy experts to ensure alignment, execution, and launches
- Maintaining product backlog and the product roadmap. Own prioritization process of product solutions based on business value and customer impact
- Defining goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results.
- Building alignment across product teams (inside and outside of Trust & Safety), and Leadership/Executive teams.
- Anticipating bottlenecks, making tradeoffs and balancing the business needs, customer needs, versus technical or operational constraints.
- Presenting product roadmap and status to the business and Airbnb leadership on an ongoing basis. Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- Evaluating new product opportunities and bring forward proposals (buy, build, partner solutions) for new capabilities with data and users at the forefront
- Developing short term plans aligned with long term goals to iteratively build platform capabilities to defend against fraud, abuse, safety, unwanted bad activities, etc.
- Becoming the thought leader and entrepreneur that others within Airbnb look up to for knowledge, processes, and methods on building products and platforms
- 8+ years product management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in design, and hypothesis driven product development
- Entrepreneurial drive to achieve stretch goals in an innovative fast-paced environment
- Prior product, operation, or engineering experience in Security, Trust, Safety, Payments or Fraud
- 2+ years of building machine learning products or technical product management
- Experience leading teams through ambiguity, and high stakes trade off decisions
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.