Recruiting Coordination Lead, India
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community you will join:
On the Recruiting Coordination team, our mission is to provide a high-level of service to candidates, recruiters, hiring managers, and other stakeholders. We schedule interviews, complete pre-hire tasks for individuals who will be joining Airbnb, problem solve, and identify ways to improve day to day operations. We think of ourselves as a support team, working behind the scenes to ensure recruiting operations go off without a hitch. We strive to do our work in the most efficient and effective way possible without sacrificing the relationships we build along the way.
The difference you will make:
- As the Recruiting Coordination Lead, India, we will count on you to ensure daily recruiting coordination operations go off without a hitch. You will be the most senior recruiting coordination team member in the region.
- You will own a number of projects and will be responsible for problem solving issues as they arise in real time.
- You will work closely with your manager to improve and uplevel the service provided by the India-based recruiting coordination team, ensuring that the team is aligned to our global operational standards.
- This is a highly cross-functional role. You will work closely with peers in different areas of the business including Recruiting, Talent, and Ground Control.
A typical day:
- This role will be a mixture of recruiting coordination and operational work. You will be the owner of numerous processes and responsible for their delivery and success. You will need to be proactive and independent enough to execute tasks without supervision.
- Serve as a resource and guide to the other recruiting coordinators on the India team. Though you won’t have direct reports, the other coordinators will look to you for answers and assistance on a day to day basis.
- Be the face of recruiting coordination for the India team. Serve as a liaison between recruiting coordination, recruiting and onboarding teams in India. You will represent the Recruiting Coordination Manager in their absence.
- Act as the main point of contact for recruiting coordination matters in India, collaborating with recruiters, hiring managers, and other stakeholders.
- Problem solve one-off scheduling, technology and operational issues that arise for the RC team on a daily basis and ensure stakeholders and candidates are satisfied. Report these issues to the Recruiting Coordination Manager.
- Continuously evaluate and optimize recruitment coordination processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and deliver training programs for recruiting coordinators, keeping them updated on global best practices, tools, and processes.
- Provide regular updates and reports to the Recruiting Coordination Manager, sharing insights on regional trends, challenges, and successes. Collaborate on strategies to address any overarching issues and enhance the overall efficiency of the global recruitment coordination team.
- Engage in strategic planning sessions with the Recruiting Coordination Manager to align regional goals and priorities.
- Act as point of contact for candidates; coordinate, schedule, and manage interviews as well as travel and accommodation arrangements when required. Making sure everyone is in the right place at the right time.
- Manage recruiting vendors and ensure POs are processed and paid out in a timely manner
- Manage onboarding any new recruiting agencies for India and maintain all agency agreements
- Manage and own rehire report for India
- Partner with Talent Operations team to ensure all new hire information and tasks are closed out properly
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ years of experience as a Recruiting Coordination Lead or similar OR at 2+ years of experience as a Senior Recruiting Coordinator or similar
- Experience doing operational work for a corporate recruiting team and owning operations from end to end.
- Experience managing recruiting vendors and associated processes.
- Experience onboarding new recruiting agencies and maintaining agency agreements.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to make educated decisions in real time, with minimal guidance
- Obsessed with candidate experience: we see our candidates as our guests, and we are their hosts. It is the Coordinator's job to ensure a smooth experience
- Detail oriented, highly organized, able to multitask - we move fast here and we are constantly changing directions, but we keep it all together. This should excite you
- Able to anticipate potential issues before they arise and problem solve in advance
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness.
- Self-directed with a high sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, discretion and sensitivity
- Passionate about the product, concept, history and culture of Airbnb
- Proficiency in Google products, applicant tracking systems such as Greenhouse and scheduling tools such as Goodtime or Prelude.
- Personable and able to keep a positive attitude under stressful and shifting circumstances
- Creative and process-driven: you're constantly looking for ways to make things work more efficiently and effectively
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.