Lead, Advanced Analytics, Consumer Insights
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
We are looking for a senior Analytics expert to partner with the Consumer Insights team (CI). The CI team empowers Airbnb leadership with forward looking insights and research about consumer trends, the travel industry, Airbnb products, the needs of our current & prospective guests & Hosts, and beyond. We primarily use first and third party sources external to Airbnb so we can help the company skate to where the puck is going.
The Difference You Will Make
- Data thought partner to the Consumer Insights team through proactive analyses and insights and using internal data to inform research methodologies.
- Drive day to day analytics to empower the Consumer Insights team
- Develop a deep understanding of how guests and hosts interact with our product using internal Airbnb data and proactively drive analyses in partnership with the CI team.
- Empower the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets and dashboards. Collaborate with Analytics Engineering to build data tools for mass consumptions within Airbnb.
- Able to conduct analysis using advanced techniques when needed (statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, sampling methods, and causal inference)
- Partner with researchers to design, execute and analyze surveys, with a particular focus on sampling methodology and statistical analyses of survey results.
- Contribute towards advancing the Analytics disciplines at Airbnb, including driving data best practices such as improving and automating analytical processes, building new data tools and data sets, data education around the company and mentoring and developing others.
- 5+ years in industry experience and a degree (Masters or PhD is a plus) in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research).
- Expert communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment. Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with data visualization and building dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Superset)
- Experience in A|B experiments, statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, sampling methods, and causal inference
- Experience with survey design and sampling methodologies preferred
- Experience with consumer research preferred
- Strong knowledge in at least one programming language (Python or R) and in SQL
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.