Senior iOS Engineer, Trust Platform
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Community You Will Join
Trust Platform Engineering
Everyone at Airbnb thinks about trust, but our team obsesses over it daily. The Trust team is responsible for protecting our community and platform from fraud while also ensuring our hosts, guests, homes, and experiences meet our high standards. Trust Platform is responsible for foundational systems that power the detection and mitigation of fraud at scale across Airbnb, such as the rules engine, friction framework, and vendor API gateway, and supports one of the highest throughput systems across the company. The team works closely with the Trust defense teams to tackle the changing landscape of fraud attacks, and build platform features to enable Trust product teams to quickly build frictions, rules, and enforcement tools for agents.
The Difference You Will Make
As a Senior iOS Software Engineer on the Trust Platform team, your expertise will be pivotal in developing and evolving the friction framework used for mitigating fraud across the Airbnb iOS application. You will work closely with a team of cross-platform engineers with collective expertise in web, native, and backend development to define and shape the future of the friction framework with initiatives such as Airlock SDUI. The friction framework is used by Airbnb engineering teams to build frictions, and is pivotal in protecting our community and platform from fraud while also ensuring our millions of hosts, guests, homes, and experiences meet our high standards.
A Typical Day:
- Work closely with Android and Web engineers on the team to develop foundational, cross platform solutions such as the friction framework.
- Contribute across the team’s surface areas to directly move our core metrics (developer experience, developer velocity, debuggability, performance, and reliability) while reducing cost and providing new functionality to help make our team’s vision, and that of our broader org, a reality.
- Partner with Airbnb product teams to understand their pain points, pilot proposed solutions, and drive adoption of paved path tooling and frameworks.
- Participate in all phases of software development including architecture/design, implementation and testing.
- Support teammates in enabling code quality, operational excellence, and shared learning.
- 5+ years industry experience in native iOS development, with a focus on creating and maintaining iOS libraries and SDKs for consumption by other iOS engineers.
- Experience in the Trust/Fraud domain is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience working with Swift, iOS Applications, GraphQL and REST APIs.
- Excellent engineering and coding skills. Solid understanding of client networking, performance, caching, client storage solutions, accessibility, and asynchronous programming.
- Strong communication skills and experience working closely with other engineering teams across complex interfaces.
- Experience collaborating via code reviews and architecture discussions, and are motivated to improve their teammates’ productivity.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. Airbnb,Inc. can be employed in states where we have registered entities. Currently, employees can not be located in: Alaska, Indiana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Delaware and Rhode Island. This list is continuously evolving and being updated, please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Belonging
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.