Engineering Apprentice, Connect Program
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The community you will join:
Airbnb is seeking Engineering Apprentices for our 2024 Connect Apprenticeship Program from April 22, 2024 - November 1, 2024.
Engineering at Airbnb is a diverse and dynamic field, with teams working on various aspects of the platform. The engineering department is divided into several teams, each focusing on different areas such as Payments, Relevance and Personalization, and Airbnb.org. Engineering technology that brings people together in the real world is both inspiring and daunting. We're tackling challenges in search relevance, payments, fraud prevention, discrimination, and growth all while maintaining a beautiful experience. We love to contribute to the community, from our work on testing React components to our new Android framework.
The Connect Apprenticeship Program is for you if you have a non-traditional technical background (self-taught, bootcamp graduate, or associate degree graduate) and are ready to start your career as a software engineer. Learn more about the program in our blog series.
The difference you will make:
As an engineering apprentice, you’ll spend the first half of the program learning from a technical educator who will focus on getting you up to speed on Airbnb’s preferred tools and tech stacks. During the second half of the program, you’ll join an engineering team. Throughout the program you will be supported by mentors and teammates as you work on real tasks and projects.
Apprentices who successfully finish the program will be evaluated for a full-time associate engineering position at Airbnb.
A typical day:
- Take part in technical instruction and self-directed learning activities
- Collaborate with technical educators and engineering team members to reach program milestones
- Communicate with team and stakeholders to provide work and project updates
- On-ramp to a team and make impactful task and project contributions towards the team's priorities
- Proactively seek and action feedback throughout the program
- Less than one year of professional (full-time and paid) software engineering experience
- You do not have a 4-year degree in Computer Science or other equivalent technical degrees
- Coding skills were acquired through online courses, community college classes, a coding bootcamp, or self-taught
- Knowledge of writing basic functions and implementing control flow in a programming language of your choice (e.g., if statements, for/while loops)
- An understanding of the basics of at least one technical framework (e.g., React, Rails, Express)
- Proficient in converting a problem to code and explaining your approach
- Applicants with no prior paid internship and apprenticeship experience are highly encouraged to apply
- Individuals currently enrolled in a university program are not eligible
- Work authorization for employment in the United States is required - visa sponsorship is unavailable
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How we’ll take care of you:
Our job titles may span more than one career or degree level. This role may also be eligible for benefits and Employee Travel Credits.
Currency: USD Pay Rate: $42/Hour