Traveling Service Technician
We are looking for an enthusiastic Field Service Technician that enjoys troubleshooting and solving electrical and mechanical issues along with having a basic understanding of how different robotic parts are put together in order to function at full capacity. This talented professional has a high level of technical competency and enjoys traveling on a regular basis to service and support local and nationwide clients. The chosen candidate also strives to build strong professional relationships and teach customer staff how to properly manage equipment so the bots can run at maximum productivity.
You thrive in a fast-moving & dynamic environment and enjoy working independently while being part of a larger customer care team. The Field Service Technician will be critical to our customers’ success and will have a tremendous impact on the future growth of Avidbots in North America. This role is within Avidbots’ Customer Care department.
This role has a high level of travel to customers sites and candidates will be required to work outside standard business hours on occasion
- Provide amazing customer and equipment support, from the depot and on-site.
- Build positive relationships with customers in person and communicate well through email, and phone conversations.
- Diagnose issues or technical problems, including electrical, mechanical and software-related service issues.
- Understand customer questions or concerns and make appropriate recommendations.
- Create and maintain accurate records within internal systems
- Solve problems as issues arise, working with all required teams in order to resolve effectively every time
- Support robot operations remotely with our web-based monitoring software.
- Present training materials to customers and teach them to use all aspects of the robot.
- Document customer feedback, findings in the field, and work order details
- Diploma, degree, or 2-5 years of experience in an associated field such as electronics, mechanics or robotics
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
- Exceptional manual dexterity and high attention to detail
- Comfortable and experienced at fault-finding by reading schematics and wiring diagrams
- Ability to work flexible shifts and adapt to changing work schedules
- Travel within North America on a regular basis (75%+)
- Hold a valid and up-to-date driver’s license and passport
- Driven individual, passionate about robotics, self-starter and works well as part of a small support team
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role
- Successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that may include: criminal/civil background checks and motor vehicle records search
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with electronics or electro-mechanical devices
- Experience servicing floor cleaning equipment
- Experience working with computers and software tools (Linux experience ideal)
- Experience towing small to medium trailers
***Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer
At Avidbots, we believe in solving real world problems with autonomous cleaning robotic solutions to unlock humanity’s potential. Neo is our current groundbreaking autonomous floor scrubbing robot that enhances facility cleanliness around the world empowering reallocation of human capital to higher priority focuses… and we’re just getting started!
Headquartered in Kitchener, ON, Canada, we are an employee-focused organization that has been certified a Great Place to Work® consecutively for the last 4 years and one of Deloitte's Fast 500 (2021).
Now is your opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company built on teamwork, innovation, and boundless ambition!
US: Avidbots is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to compliance with all fair employment practices and each qualified applicant will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
By valuing diversity, Avidbots promotes a genuinely inclusive professional atmosphere to offer extraordinary solutions for our clients. Our professionals are highly valued and work in an environment that promotes engagement, safety, healthy living, and superior efficiency.