Sr. Operations Manager, Home Maintenance
About the Role:
Home Maintenance at Belong refers to the reactive upkeep of leased properties in our network, including the ability for residents and homeowners to notify us of issues in the home as well as our ability to proactively and transparently communicate with those members while we work with vendor partners to expeditiously solve each issue. Maintenance issues cover a wide range of trades including plumbing leaks, electrical outages, appliance failures, drywall holes, general handyman work, HVAC issues, and more, and often have varying degrees of urgency based on habitability and property damage potential.
The Head of Home Maintenance at Belong is a mission-critical role based in Miami, reporting directly to the COO. You are a proactive, collaborative problem solver with a passion for data-driven decision-making. Leading a team of 10+ individuals that will scale along with the business, you'll oversee a 7-figure revenue business unit for Belong with P&L responsibilities and a charter to maintain the properties in our growing network of long-term rentals while simultaneously providing an amazing experience for our members. While we can’t control when things break inside of a home, we can control how we handle those situations for our residents and homeowners, and how we treat our members on both sides of the network throughout the process of returning the home to its original condition.
Working hand-in-hand with cross-functional teams at Belong including Product & Engineering, Account Management, Home Improvement teams, and more, you'll lead a department pivotal to homeowner and resident satisfaction, including setting the strategic direction for home maintenance at Belong, as well as managing the day to day volume of home maintenance issues that arise.
Your clear thinking and commitment to elevating standards will inform your approach to leading your team, optimizing workflows, and managing partnerships. Your member-obsessed mindset will guide you and your team in deciding to serve our customers best. Moreover, your willingness to own tasks end-to-end will be essential as you navigate complex responsibilities that directly impact Belong's growth and reputation. This is more than a leadership role; it's a chance to shape and grow a function, embody Belong’s virtues, and set yourself on a clear path for career progression.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Construction Management, or related field. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant work experience, with at least three years in a managerial role overseeing operations, project management, or quality assurance.
- Technical Proficiency: Advanced skills in Excel/Google Sheets, and familiarity with project management software and tools.
- Industry Knowledge: Prior experience in real estate, property management, or residential construction is highly advantageous but not required.
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team, focusing on mentorship and professional development.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to interface effectively with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Certifications: Project Management Professional (PMP) or other relevant certifications are a plus but not required.
- Base Compensation: Offering a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, we value your expertise and are committed to fair compensation that reflects the critical role you'll play in our growing team.
- Equity: Aligning your personal growth with our company's success is important to us. That’s why we offer a generous equity package to help you feel invested in Belong's long-term vision and mission.
- Relocation Assistance: If you're the perfect fit for this role but aren't local to Miami, worry not. We provide relocation assistance to help make your transition smoother so you can focus on what you do best.
- Benefits: Beyond financial compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package designed for your well-being. This includes health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible work arrangements, and a focus on continuous learning and development opportunities.
- This is an onsite working opportunity (Miami)
We look forward to hearing from you
If you are ready to take your career to new heights and make a significant impact on Belong and the experience of our Home Owners and network then we would love to hear from you! Join us at Belong and be part of reshaping the future of the real estate industry. Apply now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.