Strategic Operations Manager (Mexico Remote)
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. We are seeking an experienced Strategic Operations Manager with deep, analytical expertise and strong executive and interpersonal skills to develop collaborative growth strategies and drive operational improvements across the business. This role will work closely with executive leadership to quantify growth opportunities and help guide our data-driven decision-making.
What You’ll Do:
- Establish a trusted relationship with senior leaders throughout the company, serving as a subject matter expert in understanding key challenges and business opportunities, as well as providing insightful recommendations in a demanding environment.
- Use systems thinking frameworks to transform and analyze business processes that require highly cross-functional collaboration and exceptionally strong business acumen.
- Leverage program management skills to build and drive comprehensive change management, partnering with business leaders and various stakeholders - including building out GTM trackers, GANTT charts, project schedules, and RAID logs.
- Perform data/statistical and economic analysis for building business cases for incremental investments. Demonstrate capacity to get your own data, analyze using SQL and Tableau and incorporate it into economic analysis
- Constantly identify and mitigate risks to schedule, scope, and resources while balancing competing priorities across multiple strategic initiatives
- Partner with the Analytics team to develop data insights and translate and communicate actionable takeaways for cross-functional teams.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years experience in a highly analytical environment - top-tier management consulting, corporate development, strategic planning, business operations, change management roles, and/or experience in a demanding function that requires program management, modeling, and strategic analysis
- Prior work experience in SaaS technology/eCommerce companies is a strong plus
- Strong track record of driving comprehensive analyses, stakeholder management, and working in cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization
- Confident communicator capable of providing efficient perspective to all levels of the organization
- Comfortable working autonomously and leading change in a highly ambiguous environment
- Experience with data exploration and analysis in Tableau, Looker preferred. Proficient in SQL query writing for data exploration required
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM/Economics/Finance/Business Administration degree or equivalent, relevant work experience is required. MBA is a plus, not required
- Demonstrated ability to apply statistical models and techniques to business problems
- Driven, curious, and quick to absorb information; comfortable at independently solving problems despite ambiguity
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?