Sr. Technical Project Manager
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end-users?
We’re in search of a Senior Technical Project Manager for our Austin office to work with our local software development teams and global stakeholders in product, marketing, and sales.
Our global PMO, leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing, Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute on our global roadmap.
BigCommerce (NASDAQ: BIGC) is a product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia and London, England.
We are the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. Tens of thousands of B2B and B2C companies across 120 countries and numerous industries use BigCommerce to create beautiful, engaging online stores, including Ben & Jerry’s, Skullcandy, Sony, and Woolrich.
What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on-time.
- Manage daily activities of scope and change management, capacity planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership alignment.
- Develop and deliver plans for executive audiences.
- Be an Agile Coach for the team and occasionally perform Scrum Master duties including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and release planning.
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects.
- Drive all of the cross-functional communication for a project from Kickoff through General Availability.
- Own the Go To Market process end-to-end and ensure all of the right stakeholders are in the loop and aware of the work expected of them.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and executive presentation skills.
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Lead and inspire your teams; influence everyone around you.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Apply your hard-earned experience to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
Who You Are
- 5+ years experience in web technologies, a technical project manager leading medium to large software development projects
- Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are desired but not required (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma)
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic and imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?