Software Engineer II (Scala), Pricing Team - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a Software Engineer II for our Pricing team. This growing team is looking for an engineer with strong technical experience who will focus on building and optimizing our highly flexible product catalog pricing engine. We use technologies like Scala, PHP, Node.js, Ruby, gRPC, Service mesh, Docker to build one of the fastest and most reliable ecommerce platforms in the world.
As a Software Engineer II, you serve as a specialist in the engineering team that supports the product. You help develop and gain insight into the application. You can help design and influence the implementation. You show expertise in applying the appropriate software engineering patterns to build robust and scalable systems. You are an expert in programming and apply your skills in developing the product. You have the ability to influence your fellow engineers by proposing software designs and providing feedback on software designs and/or implementation. You show good problem-solving skills and can help the team in triaging operational issues. You leverage your expertise in eliminating repeat occurrences.
Use your skills, experience, and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Software Engineer II, you’ll use your technology acumen to apply and maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies within specialized area(s) of the technology domain. Evaluate new technologies and participate in decision-making, accounting for several factors such as viability within Target’s technical environment, maintainability, and cost of ownership. Initiate and execute research and proof-of-concept activities for new technologies. Lead the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of services. Participate in code reviews, design reviews, testing, and debugging activities at the application level. Participate in routine and non-routine construction, automation, and implementation activities, ensuring successful implementation and operational requirements and best practices are met. Embed data quality protocols throughout data acquisition, processing, storage, and operational use
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
BigCommerce offers a collaborative environment where you can expand your skill set and bring your ideas to fruition.
What You’ll Do:
- Use PHP, Scala, gRPC, RabbitMQ, Docker, Resque, MySQL, Redis, and other technologies to help power our platform
- Build systems and APIs that provide a highly available world-class pricing engine for the BigCommerce platform
- Work closely with the operations team while building and scaling back-end services
- Write clear, maintainable, concise code that is performant and well tested
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define features and set timelines
- Engage in technical discussions of new solutions
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Collaborate with teams located around the globe
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of professional experience building software
- You have strong experience writing code and debugging in Scala, PHP, or a similar language
- You think iteratively, and break down big problems into smaller, deliverable/deployable pieces
- You are familiar with SOLID principles and DDD concepts
- You’re familiar with UNIX, caching strategies (Redis), MySQL, and RabbitMQ
- You’re driven by doing the right thing and putting customers first
- You find that fixing bugs and solving performance problems sparks joy!
- You have experience monitoring and operating microservices
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Base Salary
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?