Software Development Engineer in Test, II (B2B) - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
In our continued pursuit of quality improvement, we’re looking for a full-time Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) II with experience in agile testing and test automation. By joining this team, you will be helping to take our platform to the next level by building the necessary tools to ensure quality functionality for our merchants as we continue to improve the B2B platform.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
You’ll also work closely with software engineers, UI designers, and product managers to define stories, and acceptance scenarios, create tooling, and test plans/cases, and advocate for best practices that improve software quality.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a product manager to define features, acceptance scenarios, and test cases
- Advocate for customer experience through consistency and simplicity
- Work with engineers to ensure test cases are reflected in code and automated tests
- Identify opportunities to use end-to-end tests to provide greater value and confidence in the software
- Advocate for practices and tools that promote quality, and employ the testing pyramid
- Identify relevant quality metrics for the team like error rates and thresholds
- Help foster a culture of pride and obsession around delivering quality software
Who are you:
- 3+ years experience in software development with a heavy focus on quality
- BS/MS degree in CS, SWE, CE, EE, or MIS; or equivalent experience
- Willingness to dive into unfamiliar programming languages
- A passion for the quality and integrity of software experiences
- An understanding of the business and technical needs of feature development and can help product managers and engineers make decisions that deliver quality features.
- Great communication skills and can help facilitate meetings, discovery sessions, story writing, and documentation.
- Experience with automated test frameworks and reporting such as Cypress, Playwright, etc.
- Used tooling for continuous integration like CircleCI, Jenkins, Github Actions etc.
- Experience testing APIs using Postman, BloomRPC, etc.
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Base Salary Range: Gross MXN 780,000.00 - 1,100,000.00
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?