Financial Operations Intern (Undergraduate)
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2023 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is recruiting Summer 2023 Undergraduate Financial Operations interns for an eight week, remote program. As part of this program, you will be integrated into one of our FinOps teams for hands-on experience helping create sustainability and scale through operational excellence. Your mentor will collaborate with you to create change for the organization through a specific internship project which will unlock value across our organization to allow us to be more efficient- accelerating the time it takes to execute end-to-end.
You will build skills in operational analysis, process design and implementation with an emphasis on creating automated approaches that reduce or replace manual effort. You will leverage communication and leadership skills to effectively present data and information to stakeholders in a wide variety of roles.
What You’ll Do
- Partner closely with senior members of the Operations team to understand key challenges and business opportunities.
- Develop, deliver, and communicate insights and provide recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist in the team’s mission to enhance Operations learning & development by distilling your learnings into scalable documentation for future hires and interns.
- Assist in developing process models for our most business critical process workflows with an eye for optimization, repeatability and scalability.
- Bring fresh ideas to the table on process automation and improvements.
Who You Are
- Enrolled in an undergraduate program, preferably in a business or quantitative field like Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- In August 2023 you will be entering your Junior or Senior year.
- Existing familiarity with Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) required.
- Passion for data with the ability to speak to your ability to make decisions using data.
- A people person who loves collaborative problem-solving, learning, and contributing, and is motivated by a constantly evolving business landscape.
- Excellent time management, critical thinking skills, and interpersonal savvy.
- Crisp executive communication skills, including verbal, written, and in presentations of data.
- You are available 40 hours per week for an eight week summer internship 6/12/23 through 8/4/23, with no more than one week of time away during the internship.
- Please note that this position is not eligible for sponsorship.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?