Ruby Software Engineer - Remote Poland
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce offers a dynamic, collaborative environment, helping you expand your skills and take ideas from inception to delivery. We are currently looking for a Back-End Software Engineer to join our Engineering team.
What You’ll Do
You will be a member of our integrations team incorporating 3rd parties into the BigCommerce platform and expanding the options available to our merchants when setting up a store. From payments to catalog to checkout and beyond, this team works across a large number of domains and services to deliver end-to-end projects. BigCommerce offers a heavily collaborative environment helping you expand your skill set and take ideas from inception to delivery.
- Use Ruby, Rails, gRPC, RabbitMQ, Docker, Resque, MySQL, Redis, and a slew of other technology to help power our platform.
- Build integrations with 3rd party SOAP/REST APIs that can span multiple codesets/services, fail gracefully, and be highly extensible.
- Learn to build highly-available, highly-performant, redundant, scalable, distributed systems.
- Write code that is performant, maintainable, clear, and concise.
- Advocate for modern development practices and tools.
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines.
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures.
- Participate in code reviews to maintain and improve quality.
- Support an open, positive, and energized culture.
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
Who You Are
- 3+ years of professional experience as a Software Engineer.
- 2+ years of professional experience in building systems using Ruby/RoR.
- Highly proactive and results-oriented with excellent critical thinking skills.
- Experience with webhooks, messaging queues, and OOP/MVC design patterns/principles a plus.
- Experience building or managing distributed and/or service-oriented architectures is a plus.
- Experience with SaaS platforms or Cloud Computing is a plus.
- You are a lifelong learner. You are constantly teaching yourself new things and you love learning from others.
What's in it for you:
- Work with modern technologies, cloud development and highly scalable distributed systems.
- Work for an international Product company.
- Be responsible for development of payment integrations.
- Become an expert in the area and provide high quality Product to the market.
- Learn from senior professionals and share knowledge, expertise and good practices to the team.
- Be a part of a fast-growing company.
- Work remotely from Poland.
We provide internal and external learning courses.
Our Hiring Processes Might Include:
- Recruiter phone screen
- Hiring manager Interview
- Technical Interview
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.
Something looks off?