Senior Partner Sales Engineer (PSE)
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work"in our offices around the globe (London, Kyiv, Sydney, Austin, and San Francisco), is looking for an experienced Senior Partner Sales Engineer (PSE). The Senior Partner Sales Engineer (PSE) is a key role for the company’s sales and partner ecosystem growth. The PSE works with our Agency Partners and Channel Account Managers, providing technical enablement, product demonstrations, solution recommendations and industry expertise. The PSE also acts as a product evangelist, educating partners on product features and use cases, implementation and development patterns, and training/services best practices. The PSE is responsible for demonstrating our solutions in virtual and live meetings, supporting Channel Account Managers throughout the partner relationship, and liaising with Product leaders to advocate for partner needs.
What You’ll Do
- Educate partner prospects and existing partners on BigCommerce products and development by providing a consultative approach including analysis, demonstrations, presentations and Q&A
- Lead activities to enable partners on new platform features, products and use cases.
- Provide pre-sales technical consulting to partners, helping them understand how to solve for merchant customizations to unlock more TAM and drive more deal registrations.
- Liaise with Product leaders to provide clear direction, timelines and capabilities of upcoming features for our most important partners.
- Help partners identify and consult on scalable solutions and integrations needed to address feature gaps
- Gather and present feedback to accurately represent agency partner platform needs to our Product and Engineering teams.
- Educate partners on eCommerce recommendations, best practices and integrations.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new ideas to the partner leadership team to drive overall improvements to the agency partner program.
- Collaborate with Channel Account Managers, Agency Leadership and partners to build scalable content to enable self service enablement for our smaller partners.
Who You Are
- 5+ years Sales/Solutions Engineering experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce organization
- Experienced in solution architecting, project scoping and product demonstration skills
- Experience with commerce solutions and applications such as POS, product catalogs, order management, ERP and payment gateways preferred
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong business acumen, excellent communication skills, and comfortable presenting to senior leaders
- Problem solver, strong cross-functional collaborator with strong technical skills
- Sales methodology and Solution selling training a plus
- Travel flexible - Ability to travel domestically or internationally as needed (up to 25%)
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.