Senior Financial Analyst
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth. We are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst on our Financial Planning & Analysis team. The Senior Financial Analyst is a trusted advisor on company wide financial matters. You will analyze data and develop recommendations that will drive business decisions and BigCommerce’s growth. The FP&A team at BigCommerce provides the opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects outside of normal responsibilities, enabling extensive full P&L and widespread FP&A experience. To be successful as a senior financial analyst, you should be able to perform a variety of financial activities including planning, analysis, budgeting, and reporting. You should also have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be able to present financial information and models in a concise and easily comprehensible manner.
What You’ll Do:
Be a trusted business partner and advisor to your client organization(s) in matters related to financial planning & analysis with minimal oversight from FP&A senior leadershipYou will work closely with business partners and get exposure to senior leaders while you become a subject matter expertPerform analysis in collaboration with the analytics team and provide actionable insights to leadershipTake ownership in financial planning and analysis processes with metrics and data insights for financial risks, opportunities, and investment decisionsPerform ad hoc ROI analysis and develop recommendations on next stepsLead, own and perform the monthly expense forecasting and annual expense planning processesPrepare executive-level management reporting, summarizing findings and recommendationsPresent monthly performance during budget versus actuals meetings to the leadership team for Customer Success and General & Administrative departmentsCollaborate cross functionally with HR and Operations to assist investment decisionsPerform monthly P&L and cash flow variance analysisAnalyze contracts and perform cost saving analysis
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of financial analysis experience with extensive experience in forecasting, budgeting, operations, data analysis, and reporting; experience in SaaS a plus
- BS or BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics is preferred
- Strong analytical, logical, and problem solving skills (will be subject to a case study)
- Exceptional excel modeling skills (will be subject to Excel test)
- Ability to work quickly and manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of precision and attention to detail
- Strong attention to detail with focus on financial forecasting accuracy
- Strong data presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with a creative outlook on how to get results
- Ability to partner and influence business leaders - proven teamwork skills
- Self starter and passion for making an impact
- Workday/Adaptive experience (or other FP&A forecasting software) is preferred
- Previous SAAS or ecommerce and public company experience is preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.