Release Manager II - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
Do you thrive working in cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing multi-SaaS platform release schedules in an Agile software development process and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and is passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting full-time opportunity for someone like you!
BigCommerce is seeking a Release Manager to work on key strategic projects of our business technology stack.
You’ll be collaborating with internal development teams and our internal stakeholders to help define and execute our global roadmap.
What You’ll Do
As a Release Manager, you will oversee the planning, coordination, and execution of releases across the enterprise, ensuring a smooth and controlled deployment process.
- Release Planning: Collaborate with development, QA, and operations teams to plan release schedules and milestones, considering business priorities and risks.
- Environment Management: Manage development, testing, and production environments, including environment refresh, data anonymization, and configuration management
- Testing Coordination: Coordinate system integration testing (SIT) and user
- acceptance testing (UAT), ensuring test environments are ready and test data is available
- Release Deployment: Oversee the deployment of releases into production, managing rollback plans and communication with stakeholders
- Change Management: Implement and enforce change management processes to control and track changes to the production environment
- Release Documentation: Maintain release documentation, including release notes, deployment instructions, and post-release evaluations
- Risk Mitigation: Identify and mitigate risks associated with releases, ensuring minimal disruption to business operations
- Release Reporting: Provide regular reports and metrics on release progress, dates, and escalations on performance to stakeholders
- Release Manager is a strong process-oriented individual who can work across multiple teams to coordinate complex releases and change management
- Have overall responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to managing release and deployment activities across multiple teams
- Must demonstrate positive collaboration with colleagues across all other functions
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
- Key Technologies: Jira, Confluence, Github, SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
Who You Are
- 5-10 years of experience in SaaS technologies, specifically managing release and deployment management for medium-large software development projects in a SOX/ITGC compliance environment
- Working experience with CI/CD and Agile development processes. Improvement/quality certifications are a plus (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma)
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams
- Work experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Smartsheets, and G Suite
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity, and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative, and constantly providing ideas to optimize the process
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & and methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & and attitude to everything you do
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy, and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Gross Annual Pesos Base Salary Range: $430,000 - $565,000
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.