Senior Manager, Business Applications - Remote
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in “2023” is looking for a driven Senior Manager of Business Applications to join our team to ensure that core business systems are supported, maintained, and continuously improving. As a critical member of the leadership team, you will be reporting to the Senior Director of Business Technology. Leading a team of architects, systems analysts, developers, and QA team, you will work with leaders of our diverse business units to meet their needs, identify, and implement improvements, and ensure system availability is functional at the highest levels. You will also use your creativity and project management skills to participate in essential team projects with the Business Applications team to continue to configure and optimize the business use of Salesforce, Zoura, Sage, Nexonia, and other applications.
**To be considered an applicant you must reside in Mexico**
What you’ll do:
- Plan, manage, and control the activities of the business applications development team.
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure efficient operation.
- Ensure clarity around priorities and goals while overseeing BizApps delivery
- Perform periodic reviews and evaluations of the team, managing performance, training, coaching, and goal setting
- Establish working schedules and manage time off to ensure appropriate coverage for operating workloads
- Provide technical expertise to identify, evaluate, and develop cost-effective business applications and procedures that meet user requirements
- Identify subject matter experts for multi-functional efforts and produce recommendations based on company application needs
- Advise business groups by offering technical and strategic direction to address business issues and opportunities
- Advocate processes and solutions that deliver continuous improvement
- Ensure that policies and procedures align with the corporate vision
- Maintain high standards for data integrity, security, and compliance
- Stay current with industry best practices
- Evaluate and implement new technology across core business systems (Salesforce, Zuora, Imparter, IQNavigator, Nexonia, Sage/Intacct)
- Experience with implementing Go-To-Market technologies/platforms for Sales, Marketing, and Services as well as Finance and Accounting (back office)
- Build reports and scorecards to ensure our systems and development operations health
- Build and maintain strong relationships with teammates and stakeholders
- Work with the Project Manager to perform Sprint activities for the delivery of new functionality
Who you are:
- 5-10 years of business applications implementation experience
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related discipline
- 5+ years of direct management experience of a technical team, preferably in a large-scale IT support function
- Experience with Salesforce Apex development
- Experience managing development teams for delivering under budget and timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Executive presentation experience
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to analyze complex issues in great detail
- Highly organized, self-starter with great attention to detail
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects
- Fosters team collaboration
- Strong people skills and ability to lead strong technical teams
- Relationship building
Nice to Have
- Salesforce.com Certified Architect
- Salesforce.com Certified Developer, Apex
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Experience with Zuora or Zuora Certified
- Experience with Marketo or other marketing platforms
- Experience with Salesforce Community and Knowledge
- Experience with large Salesforce Orgs with 750+ users
- Understanding of code promotion, version control, continuous integration and ALM processes
**Please submit your resume in English for review. **
- Fluent in English
Compensation: Gross Annual Pesos Base Salary Range: $1,100,000 - $1,800,000
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.